Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting top output for six processes with the same name, output changed from column to row Post 302322333 by Bloke on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 11:19:28 AM
Old 06-03-2009
bumpty bump

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

top output

Hi all, below is the output of my 'top' Tasks: 91 total, 2 running, 89 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): 3.9% us, 20.5% sy, 0.0% ni, 75.6% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% si Can someone tell me what does us, sy,ni,id,wa,hi,si stands stand for? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging the PS and TOP output

Hey guys, I'm trying to merge the output from the ps and top commands; since I need the full command used (only showed in the ps), and the cpu usage with some decimal numbers (i.e.: 0.05%, only showed in top). After exporting to different files, I was thinking of doing an egrep with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EnioMarques
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting line output to column based output

Hi Guys, I am trying to convert a file which has a row based output to a column based output. My original file looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Output top to file

Hi, I've installed SMCtop on to a Solaris 9 sparc server and I am trying to capture the output of top to a file without success. The version of top I have installed is top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local.gz. All my attempts are below. # /usr/local/bin/top -d 5 -f /tmp/top.out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a column to row output?

Getting tired of cut-and-paste...so I thought I would post a question. how do I change this column output to a single row? from this: # vgdisplay -v /dev/vgeva05 | grep dsk | awk '{print $3}' /dev/dsk/c6t0d5 /dev/dsk/c11t0d5 /dev/dsk/c15t0d5 /dev/dsk/c18t0d5 /dev/dsk/c7t0d5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding the output of TOP

ok, so I have a script im running on a linux box that uses "egrep" a lot. now, when i run this script, i check the TOP to see how much system resource it is using. the "top" command gives the following output: last pid: 25384; load avg: 1.06, 1.04, 0.76; up 351+06:30:24 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

8. Solaris

top output and swap -s output are differing

Solaris experts, Am struggling, and wondering for the past more than one week that, how to calculate the total available and used memory/swap space. Finally installed and used top & got some understanding, but while cross-checking, there are mismatches. Main Memory top o/p - 2GB... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row output

Hello All, i have a file with the contents like shown below Name = POLICY1 Selected = 1 Written = 0 Name = POLICY2 Selected = 6 Written = 8 Name = POLICY3 Selected = 4 Written = 26 I want the output to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinredmac
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Row if Third Column is Larger

Hi, I am fairly new to Unix scripting. We are running Solaris 5.10. I have the following question: Assume a text file with one text column, followed by 2 integer columns. How would I generate a script or, preferably, a command that will output the rows in which the value of the third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
6 Replies
local(n)							    [incr Tcl]								  local(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
local - create an object local to a procedure SYNOPSIS
itcl::local className objName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The local command creates an [incr Tcl] object that is local to the current call frame. When the call frame goes away, the object is auto- matically deleted. This command is useful for creating objects that are local to a procedure. As a side effect, this command creates a variable named "itcl-local-xxx", where xxx is the name of the object that is created. This vari- able detects when the call frame is destroyed and automatically deletes the associated object. EXAMPLE
In the following example, a simple "counter" object is used within the procedure "test". The counter is created as a local object, so it is automatically deleted each time the procedure exits. The puts statements included in the constructor/destructor show the object coming and going as the procedure is called. itcl::class counter { private variable count 0 constructor {} { puts "created: $this" } destructor { puts "deleted: $this" } method bump {{by 1}} { incr count $by } method get {} { return $count } } proc test {val} { local counter x for {set i 0} {$i < $val} {incr i} { x bump } return [x get] } set result [test 5] puts "test: $result" set result [test 10] puts "test: $result" puts "objects: [itcl::find objects *]" KEYWORDS
class, object, procedure itcl local(n)