Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity how to hide os type from scaning of nmap or nessus Post 302321338 by overdose on Sunday 31st of May 2009 09:02:03 PM
Old 05-31-2009
Thanx so much!
MasterSmilie
i posted the question in four forums only U reply me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Calling nessus from shell..

I am trying to code a php script that calls upon the "nessus" client; and formats the output into a HTML table. Somehow, my shell scripts don't seen to be working correctly...is my syntax messed up? Here's what i got: <CENTER><BR><BR><BR><BR> <table width="" border="0" cellspacing="1"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.jones
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i hide Server Type Plz

Helo .. How Can i Hide My Server Type Here Hostpres.com - Host Pres And writing Secureb By .... And how Can i Hide uname -a: Linux server.xxxx.net 2.6.18-ovz028stab053.14-enterprise #1 SMP Mon Jun 2 18:25:30 MSD 2008 i686 From Php Shell Like c99... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a7medo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for nessus-adduser

I took a stab at writing a script to automate the interactive process of adding users to Nessus - I have zero previous coding experience. So far, it doesn't get me anywhere. I took small sections of code from posts I found on this site and others:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolamiami
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password wont hide when I type it!!

Hi there, I found out a very strange behavior. If I call ssh, my password will be invisible when I'm prompted to type it: santiago@cassiopee:~$ ssh titan.caoba.fr "echo connected" santiago@titan.caoba.fr's password: <--- password is hidden when typed connected santiago@cassiopee:~$ If I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VNC Server Unauthenticated Access - Nessus

hi guys Suse 10 SP2 Security guys run an app called Nessus for vulnerabilities and they found this one on my linux VNC Server Unauthenticated Access and I really don't know what they mean... I can update vnc on these servers but there is not guarantee this will fix the issue and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intelligent scaning of log files

Dear experts, I have a problem and I am not clear on how to attack this. Let me define the problem as simply as possible. 1)There are several log files in a directory 2) Script should open each log file and scan for errors (grep for certain strings - say - error1, error2, error3) 3) If any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newscripter
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write script to scan ip list through Nessus?

Scripting language: Shell script I want to Scan IP's from IPlist.txt through Nessus using shell scripting language. Give the Input (IPlist) to nessus and generate Nessus report in xml or PDF form which is saved automatically on computer . Please help if any one has idea about how to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
2 Replies
XSetDeviceButtonMapping(3X11)					    X FUNCTIONS 				     XSetDeviceButtonMapping(3X11)

NAME
XSetDeviceButtonMapping, XGetDeviceButtonMapping - query or change device button mappings SYNTAX
int XSetDeviceButtonMapping(display, device, map, nmap) Display *display; XDevice *device; unsigned char map[]; int nmap; int XGetDeviceButtonMapping(display, device, map_return, nmap) Display *display; XDevice *device; unsigned char map_return[]; int nmap; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. device Specifies the device whose button mapping is to be queried or changed. map Specifies the mapping list. map_return Returns the mapping list. nmap Specifies the number of items in the mapping list. DESCRIPTION
The XSetDeviceButtonMapping request sets the mapping of the specified device. If it succeeds, the X server generates a DeviceMappingNotify event, and XSetDeviceButtonMapping returns MappingSuccess. Element map[i] defines the logical button number for the physical button i+1. The length of the list must be the same as XGetDeviceButtonMapping would return, or a BadValue error results. A zero element disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons. However, no two elements can have the same nonzero value, or a BadValue error results. If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, XSetDeviceButtonMapping returns MappingBusy, and the mapping is not changed. XSetDeviceButtonMapping can generate BadDevice, BadMatch, and BadValue errors. The XGetDeviceButtonMapping request returns the current mapping of the specified device. Buttons are numbered starting from one. XGetDe- viceButtonMapping returns the number of physical buttons actually on the device. The nominal mapping for a device is map[i]=i+1. The nmap argument specifies the length of the array where the device mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return. XGetDeviceButtonMapping can generate BadDevice or BadMatch errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist or has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDe- vice. This error may also occur if the specified device is the X keyboard or X pointer device. BadMatch This error may occur if an XGetDeviceButtonMapping or XSetDeviceButtonMapping request was made specifying a device that has no buttons. BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can gener- ate this error. SEE ALSO
XChangeDeviceKeyboardControl(3X), XChangeDeviceKeyMapping(3X) XChangeDeviceModifierMapping(3X) Programming With Xlib X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSetDeviceButtonMapping(3X11)