Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keyboard problem
Operating Systems Solaris Keyboard problem Post 302321255 by microbot on Sunday 31st of May 2009 10:24:48 AM
Old 05-31-2009
Thanks it worked just fine
and now how to resolve other keys , i need others signs which i have on my keyboard
alt gr + qwe bnm kl

PS. Crotian keyboard has support for UTF8 and for ISO 8859-2, but oly UTF8 works

Last edited by microbot; 05-31-2009 at 11:40 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix and keyboard

Hi, I need to set Unix I/O terminal such as once key "," is pressed charcter "." is shown. Do you have any suggesion? The best to me is to accomplish this feauture with an environment variabile if it is possible. Michele Ferrero (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micfer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux 7.2, Keyboard Problem!

I recently tried to install Linux 7.2 on my home PC (Compaq), and it did not recognise my keyboard. I could not proceed with the installation as I could not type anything. I installed 6.2 and it worked fine???????????. I was wondering if anybody has encountered this problem (very frustrating). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camerja1
4 Replies

4. Programming

keyboard type

hi I am using a GUI language (based on C/C++) for my application. Now i need to identify the "Again" key in the Sun keyboard. I tried to do this by getting the ascii value (4155)of it . it was fine. but it is clashing with F12, whose ascii is 4155 in normal keyboards. Due to this either one of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimishm
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

keyboard problem how to insert --> {} \

I have MACOSX Leoparad and MacBook Pro but I am unable to insert the above letters when I am in terminal any help please? e.g. to insert them I need to press alt+shift+) == } but if I do so pressing alt+shift+) nothing works :( ---------- Post updated at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous update was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
gnome-keyboard-properties(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-keyboard-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-keyboard-properties - set your keyboard preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyboard-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Keyboard preference tool allows you to select autorepeat settings for your keyboard, and to configure the sound events that are associ- ated with the keyboard. The Keyboard preference tool also allows you to launch the Keyboard accessibility preference tool. See gnome-acces- sibility-keyboard-properties(1) for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Keyboard preference tool example% gnome-keyboard-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-keyboard-Executable for Keyboard preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-keyboard-properties(1)