Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Updating a field in a File without creating temp file's Post 302321047 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 29th of May 2009 11:17:42 PM
Old 05-30-2009
what have you tried till now??

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append to end of each line of file without a temp file.

Hello I am trying to append an incrimenting number to the end of each line I have it working with a temp file. But I want to do this without a temp file. a=1 cat "file" | while read LINE do echo "$LINE, $a" >> filewithnumbers a=`expr $a + 1` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace a string in a file without the use of temp file

Hi - I am looking for a replacing a string in a in multiple *.sql files in directory with a new string without using a temporary file Normally I can use sed command as below for W in ls `FILE*.sql` do sed 's/OLD/NEW/g' $W > TEMPFILE.dat mv TEMPFILE.dat $W done But Here in my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghutapal
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup on large file based on a temp file

hello guys Please help me with the below issue I have two files one base file another lookupfile base file abc-001 bcd-001 cde-001 Lookupfile abc-001|11|12 abc-001|11|12 abc-001|11|12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating the script for updating or replacing the existing http.conf file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. I have been building a proxy server using the apache mod proxy currently my solution is working , but i need to automate the process , suppose if any changes need to be made on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satej
0 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Column(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Jifty::DBI::Column(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Column - Encapsulates a single column in a Jifty::DBI::Record table DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates a single column in a Jifty::DBI::Record table description. It replaces the _accessible method in Jifty::DBI::Record. It has the following accessors: "name type default validator boolean refers_to readable writable length". new is_numeric Returns true if the column is of some numeric type, otherwise returns false. is_string Returns true if this column is a text field is_boolean Returns true if this column is a boolean serialize_metadata Returns a hash describing this column object with enough detail to fully describe it in the database. Intentionally skips "record_class", all column attributes starting with "_", and all column attributes which are undefined. The "known" attributes in the "attributes" hash are flattened and returned as well. The list of known attributes are: container label hints render_as display_length valid_values available_values autocompleted documentation no_placeholder Setting this to a true value causes "load_by_cols" in Jifty::DBI::record to not use a placeholder when loading the column. This can allow the database to come up with better query plans in some cases. serialize_metadata2 Returns a hash describing this column object with enough detail to fully describe it in the database. Intentionally skips "record_class", all column attributes starting with "_", and all column attributes which are undefined. validator Gets/sets the validator coderef for the column. read DEPRECATED. Use "$column->readable" instead. write DEPRECATED. Use "$column->writable" instead. length DEPRECATED. Use "$column->max_length" instead. until DEPRECATED. Use "$column->till" instead. active Returns the a true value if the column method exists for the current application version. The current application version is determined by checking the "schema_version" in Jifty::DBI::Record of the column's "record_class". This method returns a false value if the column is not yet been added or has been dropped. This method returns a false value under these circumstances: o Both the "since" trait and "schema_version" method are defined and "schema_version" is less than the version set on "since". o Both the "till" trait and "schema_version" method are defined and "schema_version" is greater than or equal to the version set on "till". Otherwise, this method returns true. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-25 Jifty::DBI::Column(3pm)