Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Sleep With Battery Powered Devices? Post 302321022 by reborg on Friday 29th of May 2009 06:15:14 PM
Old 05-29-2009
No,

Mobile phone and ipod are in docking stations on the night stand when in the bedroom and I don't have a tv or anything else with a remote in the room.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

2. SCO

COuld not telnet but server powered

Hi We are running SCO unixware 7.1.1. I am new to unix so hope someone can help. This morning no one could log into the unix server by ssh. Server could not be pinged but the server was powered. We could not also view the screen. We have to manually power it down and it came back up. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjsingh
0 Replies

3. Programming

SQL Powered Awk (SPAWK)

If anyone is interesting in using awk with MySQL databases, then I have some good news: I've developed a (shared) library, namely libspawk.so, using MySQL C API and GNU awk's extension feature. If you are using MySQL and you like awk, then you'll find very useful to use SPAWK module. Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panos1962
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)