Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting concatenate log file lines up to timestamp Post 302320714 by vgersh99 on Thursday 28th of May 2009 05:19:32 PM
Old 05-28-2009
something to start with - adjust the date pattern as needed.

nawk -f alan.awk myFile

alan.awk:
Code:
BEGIN {
   PATdate="^[12][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]"
}
$0 ~ PATdate {printf("%c%s%c", (p)?ORS:"",$0, (/;$/)?ORS:"") ;p=(/;$/)?0:1;next}
p && /;$/ { p=0; print}
p {printf(" %s", $0)}

Last edited by vgersh99; 05-28-2009 at 06:38 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy lines from a log file based on timestamp

how to copy lines from a log file based on timestamp. INFO (RbrProcessFlifoEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:274) - E_20080521_110754_967: rbrAciInfoObjects listing complete! INFO (RbrPnrProcessEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:197) - Event Seq: 1647575217; Carrier: UA; Flt#: 0106; Origin:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjiadmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy lines from log files based on timestamp and sysdate

I am sorry to repost this question. it was not clear, and I had the meeting and didn't response the question on time. I do really need help and appreciate your help very much. I'm looking for a simple shell script that will read lots of audit log file (*.aud) in a log fold every 10 minutes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: percvs88
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy lines from log files based on timestamp and sysdate

I'm looking for a command or simple script that will read lots of audit log file (*.aud) in log fold every 10 minutes, and will output to one file based on sysdate - 10 minutes. assume the script is run at 11:12:20, and it should grep the line from Wed Jun 17 11:02:43 2009 to end of file. after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: percvs88
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines between lines starting with a specific pattern

Hi, I have a file such as: --- >contig00001 length=35524 numreads=2944 gACGCCGCGCGCCGCGGCCAGGGCTGGCCCA CAGGCCGCGCGGCGTCGGCTGGCTGAG >contig00002 length=4242 numreads=43423 ATGCCGAAGGTCCGCCTGGGGCTGG CGCCGGGAGCATGTAGCG --- I would like to concatenate the lines not starting with ">"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
9 Replies

6. Programming

Concatenate two lines in a fIle

Hi All, Can any one help me in finding the solution for concatenating two or more lines in a file and writing them to a temporary file. for Example: He is a wise student. So he got first rank. This is in a file i want the output as He is a wise student so he got first rank. into a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenate lines in file shell script

Hi colleagues, I have a file in this format. "/cccc/pppp/dddd/ggg/prueba.txt". ERROR" THE error bbbbbbbbbb finish rows. "/kkkk/mmmm/hhhh/jjj/ejemplo.txt". ERROR This is other error rows.I need my file in this format. "/cccc/pppp/dddd/ggg/prueba.txt". ERROR" THE error bbbbbbbbbb finish rows.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)