Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to create a media server on Solaris 10 (Music/divx) etc Post 302320535 by fuji0050 on Thursday 28th of May 2009 08:44:36 AM
Old 05-28-2009
Make sure every network interface is resoveable by the media server and evrery net interface on the media is resolvable by the master.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me: Divx with MPlayer

Hi, I'm a beginner in linux :( I wanna play divx with MPlayer. I have mdk8.1 and I can't install MPlayer because I have gcc 2.96 I need upgrade my gcc to 2.95.2 or 2.95.4 Anyone can say me how do i do to uninstall gcc-2.96 and install gcc-2.95.2. Can you give me the exactly url to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mercutio
1 Replies

2. Linux

DivX Codec

im new to Linux... im trying to use my DivX movies and have downloaded the codec from DivX.Com ... i am unsure as to how to proceed from here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HMSS013
1 Replies

3. Solaris

divx player for sun solaris ?!

Im looking for a divx player and a subtitles support for sun solaris 10 any recommendations ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 x86 media

I have solaris 10 installed in a VM on my laptop which is configured as a jumpstart server. (Currently only being used to jumpstart other VM's on my laptop - chiefly for testing purposes) I'd like to be able to do some testing with upgrading from solaris 8, and it is difficult to get hold of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanDeeJay
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use rsync to update my music server from my windows notebook

Hello all, I am fairly new to unix/linux. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 as a server. I use a laptop that is Windows based (windows 7 ultimate) and I store my music library on that machine. I was hoping to use rsync to make sure any changes that happen to my music on my computer will be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a shell script to remove the files on solaris server at 00000hrs?

Hi folks, As per mentioned in the title, how to create a shell script to delete those files from the server at 00000hrs every day? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
2 Replies

7. Fedora

media server?

Hi All, I have so many picture of my kids, and movies and videos. I really want to create media server. After doing some research on the internet, I am going to install Ubuntu media server. This old server I have has two disk drive. I was thinking about mirroring that. After that I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)