Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names Post 302319553 by vtischuk@yahoo. on Monday 25th of May 2009 03:37:33 PM
Old 05-25-2009
thanks, I'll try this tomorrow, have a nice Memorial day.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special meaning characters in dir names

Hello, I've had a daemon go a little bit mental and create directories using somments from a config file. The end result is I've ended up with directories with names such as #, 5625), (5725 etc etc etc... However, when I try and delete them I get syntax errors, ( not expected, rmdir #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWilliams
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying dir (and sub dir) file names from ftp server to txt file in diff server

Hey all, i want to copy only the file names from an ftp server (directory and all sub directory) to a text file in another server (non ftp), i.e. i want to recursively move through directories and copy only the names to a text file. any help is appreciated...thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deking
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get dir names.

Hi, i have a directory and sub directory`s inside. i want to take all the files name and add them into array. for example : $ ls Debug script.c src typescript $ Array = Debug Array= scripts.c Array = src Array = typescript. Thanks for the help. Or. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orushw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir

du -hs command calculates the space for all the subdirs under a dir ...but it is very slow if the dir is huge....is there any quick way ...I am using Sun OS. Thanks, Ajay (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming File Names in a folder/Dir

Hi Team, I'm new to Unix shell scripting . I've the following requirement A folder contains the list of files with the following format ab.name.11.first ab.name.12.second ab.name.13.third ---------- I have to rename the above file to like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse csv files by their names

HI all I have multiple csv files with the names VAR1_VAR2_VAR3_VAR4.csv All the files have the same structure inside just values change. I am trying to retrieve data from those files by fixing at each time one or more VAR. I tried to write a script but I have 2 problems: 2-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jhon.c
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving names of files in a dir without overlapping

Hi, I have been trying to retrieve the names of files present in a directory one by one but the names of files are getting overlapped on one another. I tried the below command. ls -1 > filename please help me in getting the file names line by line without overlapping. I am using korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
6 Replies
MKCFM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MKCFM(1)

NAME
mkcfm - create summaries of font metric files in CID font directories SYNOPSIS
mkcfm [CID-font-directory-name] DESCRIPTION
There is usually only one CID font directory on the X font path. It is usually called /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID. If you do not specify an argument, mkcfm will try to go through the subdirectories of that directory, and create one summary of font metric files for each CID- Font (character descriptions) file and each CMap (Character Maps) file it finds. The summaries of font metric files are put in the existing CFM subdirectory. The CFM subdirectories are created when CID-keyed fonts are installed. If you specify a CID font directory as an argument, mkcfm will try to go through the subdirectories of that directory, and create one sum- mary of font metric files for each CIDFont file and each CMap file it finds. mkcfm will calculate the summaries of the font metric files stored in AFM subdirectories of the CID font directory. Those summaries are needed by the rasterizer of CID-keyed fonts to speed up the response to X font calls. If those files do not exist, CID rasterizer will have to go through usually large font metric files, and calculate the summaries itself each time the font is called. You will notice a substantial wait on a call to a large CID-keyed font. FILES
.afm files Each CID-keyed font file is supposed to have a font metric file (.afm file). mkcfm creates summary files (.cfm files) of those font metric files. mkcfm should be run whenever a change is made to the files stored in the subdirectories of the CID font directory. For example, it should be run when new CID fonts are installed. .cfm files Summaries of font metric (.afm) files created by mkcfm. SEE ALSO
The rasterizer for CID-keyed fonts in the directory xc/lib/font/Type1. CID Fonts Version 1.0 Release 1.0 MKCFM(1)