Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CSV processing to XML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSV processing to XML Post 302319375 by angel2008 on Monday 25th of May 2009 06:17:36 AM
Old 05-25-2009
as i am new with shell scripting i have tried to write something using sed/awk but i am stocked

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Processing a CSV file

Hi I'm reading a comma separated file record by record. After reading a record, I'm tokenizing it using strtok() function and moving the tokens into a structure. But suppose if a record is of the following format,i.e two commas appear one after another, then the strtok function skips the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janemary.a
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script syntax for XML processing

Hi All, I am new to Shell scripting. I have a log file containing XML Messages.Each XML Message is accompanied with a timestamp.I need to count the the number of messages that get logged in a particular timeinterval.Is there any command/Syntax to achieve this. Any code/example is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on xml processing

I am trying to divide a xml file(my.xml) like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Proto PName="hmmmmmmm"> <Menu id="A" ver="1"> <P> <P name="AA" Type="X"/> <P name="BB" Type="Y"/> <P name="CC" Type="Z"/> </P> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demoprog
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

5. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML file processing

I need to get all session_ID 's for product="D-0002" from a XML file: Sample input: <session session_ID="6411206" create_date="2012-04-10-10.22.13.000000"> <marketing_info> <program_id>D4AWFU</program_id> <subchannel_id>abc</subchannel_id> </marketing_info> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing xml with awk

With the following input sample extracted from a xml file <rel ver="123"> <mod name="on"> <node env="ac" env="1"> <ins ip="10.192.0.1"/> <ins ip="10.192.0.2"/> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabrao
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for .Txt to .csv conversion with data processing

Hi experts, I want to convert a txt file having rows and columns (CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt) by comparing it with another text file (paramaters.txt) and generate a output in CSV which contains only 3rd column from CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt, and the columns mentioned in parameters.txt. FYI: There are two... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

General Purpose XML Processing

I've been kicking this around for a while now, I might as well post it here. v0.0.9, now properly supporting self-closing tags. v0.0.8, an important quoting fix and a minor change which should handle special <? <!-- etc. tags without seizing up as often. Otherwise the code hasn't changed much.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
6 Replies
PORTABASE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PORTABASE(1)

NAME
portabase - an easy-to-use personal database application SYNOPSIS
portabase [ -h | --help | <file> ] portabase command [ -p password ] [ options ] <fromfile> <tofile> DESCRIPTION
PortaBase (portable database) is a personal database application that is available for many platforms, including Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, and Maemo. PortaBase's features include: - One data table per file - String, Integer, Decimal, Boolean, Note (multi-line text), Date, Time, Calculation, Sequence, Image, and Enum column types - Add, edit, and delete rows of data - Custom data views (subsets of the columns in any order) - Filter the displayed rows using sets of conditions - Sort the rows by any combination of columns, each in ascending or descending order - Optional page navigation buttons, with a custom number of rows per page - Add, delete, rearrange, and rename columns at any time - Specify default values for columns - View summary statistics for columns (total, average, min, max, etc.) - Import data from CSV, XML, and MobileDB files - Export data to CSV and XML files - Command-line format conversions (to and from XML, from MobileDB) - Data file encryption - Unicode support - Pick any available font to use throughout the application COMMANDS
PortaBase uses the following commands to indicate a command-line file conversion: fromxml Create a new PortaBase file from the input XML file. frommobiledb Create a new PortaBase file from the input MobileDB file. fromcsv Add rows to an existing PortaBase file from the input CSV file. toxml Create a new XML file from the input PortaBase file. tocsv Create a new CSV file from the input PortaBase file. If an encrypted PortaBase file is to be read or created, the following option can be used immediately after the command: -p <password> Open or create the encrypted PortaBase file using the given password The toxml and tocsv commands accept the following options: -v <view> Apply the named view before exporting. -s <sorting> Apply the named sorting before exporting. -f <filter> Apply the named filter before exporting. The fromcsv command supports one option: -e <encoding> Specifies the text encoding of the imported CSV file; options are UTF-8 (the default) and Latin-1. OPTIONS
PortaBase accepts the following options: -h, --help Display usage instructions. FILES
$HOME/.qt/portabaserc - user-specific settings. Stores information on font, checkbox editing, delete confirmations, etc. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jeremy Bowman <jmbowman@alum.mit.edu>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). April 16, 2010 PORTABASE(1)