Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CSV processing to XML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSV processing to XML Post 302319323 by angel2008 on Monday 25th of May 2009 04:19:52 AM
Old 05-25-2009
Data CSV processing to XML

Hi,
i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming,
i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones.
I have CSV file within the following format:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;CUSTOME NAME :;;CompanyX;;;;;;;;;PACKAGES;;;;;English
;;;;;;;;;;;;;standard;;;;;English
;;;;;;;;; ;;;;secretary;;;;;German
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;No;NAME;FAMILYNAME;TELEPHONE NUMBER;EXTENSION;E-MAIL;PREFERRED LANGUAGE;CUSTOMER PACKAGE;COUNTRY CODE;SIP PASSWORD;TIMEZONE
;1;test;customer;01235870;200;test@customer.org;English;secretary;English;1234;1234;ECT;;;;;;
;2;test;tester;01235871;201;test@customer.org;English;secretary;English;1234;1234;ECT;;;;;;
;3;user;customer;01235872;202;test@customer.org;English;secretary;English;1234;1234;ECT;;;;;;
;4;john;wayne;01235873;203;test@customer.org;English;secretary;English;1234;1234;ECT;;;;;;
;5;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;6;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

and i would like to take a data from this CVS and file out XML format that Cisco IP phones can understand.
I care for CUSTOMER NAME, NAME, FAMILYNAME and TELEPHONE NUMBER other fields can be ignored.

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>
<Title>Directory title goes here</Title>
<Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>The name of the directory entry</Name>
<Telephone>The telephone number for the entry</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

Example:
<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>
<Title>CompanyX</Title>
<Prompt>People reachable via VoIP</Prompt>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Test Customerr</Name>
<Telephone>012345870</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

Thank you all in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Processing a CSV file

Hi I'm reading a comma separated file record by record. After reading a record, I'm tokenizing it using strtok() function and moving the tokens into a structure. But suppose if a record is of the following format,i.e two commas appear one after another, then the strtok function skips the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janemary.a
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script syntax for XML processing

Hi All, I am new to Shell scripting. I have a log file containing XML Messages.Each XML Message is accompanied with a timestamp.I need to count the the number of messages that get logged in a particular timeinterval.Is there any command/Syntax to achieve this. Any code/example is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on xml processing

I am trying to divide a xml file(my.xml) like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Proto PName="hmmmmmmm"> <Menu id="A" ver="1"> <P> <P name="AA" Type="X"/> <P name="BB" Type="Y"/> <P name="CC" Type="Z"/> </P> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demoprog
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

5. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML file processing

I need to get all session_ID 's for product="D-0002" from a XML file: Sample input: <session session_ID="6411206" create_date="2012-04-10-10.22.13.000000"> <marketing_info> <program_id>D4AWFU</program_id> <subchannel_id>abc</subchannel_id> </marketing_info> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing xml with awk

With the following input sample extracted from a xml file <rel ver="123"> <mod name="on"> <node env="ac" env="1"> <ins ip="10.192.0.1"/> <ins ip="10.192.0.2"/> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabrao
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for .Txt to .csv conversion with data processing

Hi experts, I want to convert a txt file having rows and columns (CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt) by comparing it with another text file (paramaters.txt) and generate a output in CSV which contains only 3rd column from CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt, and the columns mentioned in parameters.txt. FYI: There are two... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

General Purpose XML Processing

I've been kicking this around for a while now, I might as well post it here. v0.0.9, now properly supporting self-closing tags. v0.0.8, an important quoting fix and a minor change which should handle special <? <!-- etc. tags without seizing up as often. Otherwise the code hasn't changed much.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
6 Replies
YDPDICT(1)						      General Commands Manual							YDPDICT(1)

NAME
ydpdict - an interface for Collins and Langenscheidt dictionaries SYNOPSIS
ydpdict [ options ] DESCRIPTION
ydpdict is an ncurses interface for English-Polish and Polish-English Collins dictionaries, as well as German-Polish and Polish-German Lan- genscheidt dictionaries, which are distributed by Young Digital Planet. ydpdict tries to load the configuration file from the following locations (reads only the first one found): 1) ~/ydpdict.conf 2) ~/.ydpdictrc 3) /etc/ydpdict.conf OPTIONS
-e [--eng] Starts the English-Polish dictionary (default). -p [--pol] Starts the Polish-English dictionary. -g [--ger-pol] Starts the German-Polish dictionary. -o [--pol-ger] Starts the Polish-German dictionary. -f [--path=PATH] Sets the path to data files. -c [--cdpath=PATH] Sets the path to the CD. (For audio sample files). -P [--player=PATH] Sets the path to the WAV file player. -w [--word=WORD] Starts the dictionary and translates the specified word. -A [--audio=DEVICE] Sets the default audio device. --version Displays the version of the program. -h [--help] Shows command line options. AUTHOR
ydpdict was written by Wojtek Kaniewski <wojtekka@toxygen.net>. Latest version can be found at http://toxygen.net/ydpdict/ July 1, 2007 YDPDICT(1)