Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Did Apache bend my Cygwin? Or was it SSH? Post 302319111 by SilversleevesX on Sunday 24th of May 2009 03:07:40 AM
Old 05-24-2009
Did Apache bend my Cygwin? Or was it SSH?

A few hours ago, I installed Apache 2 for Windows. About 90 minutes ago, I started a terminal session, and discovered that my home folder had been changed from path "c:\cygwin\home\{myusername}" to path "c:\Documents and Settings\{myusername}". I did not make this change consciously, but I suspect that either Apache, or a subsequent half-hearted attempt to update <?!> OpenSSH for Windows may have done so without my knowing it.

In any case, where in the configuration files of any of the three forenamed packages (bundles, applications, utilities, whatever the right name for them is) is such a thing as a home folder defined? I've already taken a peek at c:\cygwin\etc\passwd and it shows my home folder path simply as "home/{myusername}". No help there.

Inevitably, this renders quite a few of my aliases in my previously known-good .bash_aliases file pretty much useless until and unless I edit them to reflect the change in starting places. I have done so, but I hope I don't have to keep them that way for long.

Also, I have an rxvt that I use outside of XWindows, and it has all of a sudden decided to call itself xterm (the return I got from an echo $TERM command). So there's more than just default home paths involved.

Hope someone out there can help me with this, or at least point me towards some help.

BZT

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Public/Private Key SSH from UNIX to Windows (Cygwin)

Hello all, I have a bit of trouble working a passwordless SSH from UNIX to Cygwin running windows 2k3. Here are some details. I AM able to SSH from the Windows box to the UNIX box using the keys. Also, I'm able to SSH from UNIX to Windows w/o the keys. However, when I try to do it with the keys... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kclerks11
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Cygwin remote ssh with key authentication method

Hi experts, I am not sure in which forum to submit this question. If this is not the correct place then please let me know where to submit this thread. My requirement is to invoke windows batch scripts from linux shell script. Hence, I have installed openssh in Cygwin on the windows machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies
Apache::Session::Oracle(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Apache::Session::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Oracle(3pm)