Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search, replace string in file1 with string from (lookup table) file2? Post 302319064 by allrise123 on Saturday 23rd of May 2009 04:10:12 PM
Old 05-23-2009
hi guys!!

I am new to shell script.. i wanted to know abt sed command and how it work?

here is what i want do, i want to search original string in export.txt file which is:
export mibs =\opt\mymibs\

i want to replace it by
export mibs =\opt\new_mibs\

Please help with it

thanks in advance

Last edited by allrise123; 05-23-2009 at 05:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string replacement using a lookup table

Dear all thanks for helping in advance.. Know this should be fairly simple but I failed in searching for an answer. I have a file (replacement table) containing two columns, e.g.: ACICJ ACIDIPHILIUM ACIF2 ACIDITHIOBACILLUS ACIF5 ACIDITHIOBACILLUS ACIC5 ACIDOBACTERIUM ACIC1 ACIDOTHERMUS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & replace fields from file1 to file2

hi, I have two xml files with the name source.xml and tobe_replaced.xml. Sample data: source.xml contains: <?xml version="1.0"?> <product description="prod1" product_info="some/info"> <product description="prod2" product_info="xyz/allinfo"> <product description="abc/partialinfo"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find string from file1 in file2

hi; i am looking for simple search script that find string from file1 in file 2 file 1 contain a loot of string like: 204080111111111 204080222222222 204080333333333 in each row and i would like to take the first row for example 204080111111111 from file1 and find it in file2 when it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpinto
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search from file1 and replace into file2

I have 2 files: file1.txt: 1|15|XXXXXX||9630716||0096000||30/04/2012|E|O|X||||20120525135617-30.04.2012|PAT66OLM|STA||||00001|STA_0096000_YYYPPPXTMEX00_20120525135617_02_P.pdf|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve a number or string from file1 and redirect into file2 in perl script?

hello forum members, I am siva ,As i am new to perl scripting i looking help from forum members. i need a sample program are command for pattern matching. I have file name infile1 which some data, I need to search the particular number are string in the file which repeats n number of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match part of string in file2 based on column in file1

I have a file containing texts and indexes. I need the text between (and including ) INDEX and number "1" alone in line. I have managed this: awk '/INDEX/,/1$/{if (!/1$/)print}' file1.txt It works for all indexes. And then I have second file with years and indexes per year, one per line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoebus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search field2 in file2 using range of fields file1 and using match to another field in file1

I am trying to use awk to find all the $2 values in file2 which is ~30MB and tab-delimited, that are between $2 and $3 in file1 which is ~2GB and tab-delimited. I have just found out that I need to use $1 and $2 and $3 from file1 and $1 and $2of file2 must match $1 of file1 and be in the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup value of file1 in file2 using a key

Trying to use awk to match each line in file1 with line in file2 using $1 and $2 and print. File2 is tab-delimeted as is the output and if there is no match then it is skipped. The awk below executes but the output is empty. I think file1 is being split on the : and being saved in array c which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)