Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Apache 2 configure not recognizing options Post 302318998 by RobertSubnet on Saturday 23rd of May 2009 08:36:13 AM
Old 05-23-2009
From what I am reading on Google, version 2.2.9 has problems with the ./configure script. I tried running buildconf and that did not seem to resolve the problem.

I see that Apache has a 2.2.11 version. I'll give that a try and hopefully configure will not be as buggy.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install and configure Apache on SCO openserver 5

I have just been made responsible for setting up Apache on our office SCO box. I have searched the internet, but haven't found any details that I can make sense of. I'm unfamiliar with Unix and would appreciate any help members of the forum have to offer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Configure apache web server for coldfusionmx7

Hi, I have been trying to configure apache web server for coldfusion mx7 on solaris 5.8 using the command: ./wsconfig -server coldfusion -ws apache -dir /usr/local/apache/conf -bin /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -script /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl -coldfusion Then it prompted me: Apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

3. Linux

options used in ./configure

Hi, for a given binary file or rpm package, is there any way for me to know the ./configure options passed onto it when it was built? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configure php with postgresql and apache

Hi, I'm trying to configure php4 to run alongside postgresql and apache. Postgres and apache are already installed and running, but I am getting an error when doing: host84:~/php-4.4.9#./configure --with-apache=/usr/local/apache --with-postgresql=/usr/local/pgsql loading cache ./config.cache... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdbeng
5 Replies

5. Linux

Configure apache prefork MPM

Hello, i want to know the basics to configure prefork.c module to high Apache performance and i think it's depends on the server hardware details (RAM and Processors) Thanks :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Apache with make options

I am installing apache on freebsd and the screen comes up with make options. Here I would like to deselect DAV and DAV_FS. How can this be done on the command line in order to achieve a silent install? This is what I have currently, but the installation script still enters the menu with the make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

configure apache to accept request form specific IP

Hi, What should I change in the httpd.conf so that the apache will accept request from page from specific IP and deny all the rest IP. I am reading the document of the apache but it is very long (700 pages) and I searched but I could not find something about this. So if someone can explain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

configure apache to work with ssl

Hi, I need help to configure the apache to work with ssl. I have managed to create self-signed certificate according to the instruction in the following link. So I have the crt file and the key file. however when I add: <Virtualhost *:443> SSLEngine on ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure options ised while compiling apache

How can I know which all options were used while compiling a apache binary. # /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -v Server version: Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) Server built: Feb X 2XXX XX:29:08 Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.2.0 rev5291 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies
AUTOCONF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       AUTOCONF(1)

NAME
wrapper - Wrapper for distinguishing Autoconf 2.13 and 2.50 SYNOPSIS
autoconf [ options ] autoheader [ options ] autoreconf [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Autoconf is an automatic configure script builder with two major version series: 2.13 and earlier, 2.50 and later. Versions within either series are largely compatible, but the two series are largely incompatible. When both versions are installed, as they are on your system (given that you're reading this manpage), Debian selects between the two versions simultaneously. This manpage documents how the automatic selection works. If you are actually looking for the documentation for either version of Autoconf, then refer to the SEE ALSO section below. Automatic version selection works via a wrapper script installed under the names autoconf, autoheader, and autoreconf. Each of these attempts to detect which Autoconf is needed and run the correct version of the tool. There are no wrappers for autoupdate, autoscan, or ifnames. These are not used during a package build. Choose the proper version by hand. The following heuristics are used to choose an Autoconf version: * If file configure.ac exists, Autoconf 2.50 is used. Autoconf 2.13 used the name configure.in instead, but version 2.50 supports both. (Usually autoconf is run without nonoption arguments. If a filename is supplied on the command line, then version 2.50 is used if the filename ends in .ac.) * Otherwise, configure.in (or the file specified on the command line, if any) is read. It is checked for the presence of an AC_PREREQ directive. If it specifies a minimum version higher than 2.13, Autoconf 2.50 is used. aclocal.m4, if present, is also scanned. * Otherwise, Autoconf 2.13 is used. To force Autoconf 2.13 to be used, name the Autoconf input file configure.in and omit the use of AC_PREREQ() or specify a minimum version of 2.13 or earlier. To force Autoconf 2.50 to be used, name the input file configure.ac or use AC_PREREQ(2.50). I recommend not calling the programs autoconf2.13 or autoconf2.50, etc., directly, instead of through the wrappers. When used with pro- grams like Automake, these direct calls won't propagate through into the Makefile, so later re-autoconf'ings won't use the correct version. It's better to use one of the methods explained above to force a particular version. SEE ALSO
autoconf2.13(1), autoheader2.13(1), autoreconf2.13(1), autoconf2.50(1), autoheader2.50(1), autoreconf2.50(1), and the Autoconf manuals autoconf and autoconf2.13. AUTHORS
David MacKenzie, with help from Franc,ois Pinard, Karl Berry, Richard Pixley, Ian Lance Taylor, Roland McGrath, Noah Friedman, David D. Zuhn, and many others. This manpage written by Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux autoconf2.13 package. Autoconf Wrapper AUTOCONF(1)