Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP Post 302318552 by AIXlearner on Thursday 21st of May 2009 10:09:34 PM
Old 05-21-2009
How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
The difference is: you have 2 (or more) machines in a cluster but only one of them has access to the filesystems at a time. If you change the filesystem you have to make sure that not only this one machine but ALL machines in the cluster get this information and update their bookkeeping data.

"chfs" is changing the filesystem on one machine and updating this bookkeeping data (in the ODM) accordingly. This is - for reasons stated aboce - not sufficient.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Thanks....
How to update in ODM.How to increase through HACMP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reason for continuously increase filesystem size?

Hi my file system size /hd4 is keep on increasing continuously , i tried all the performance related command to identify which process is currently running........ for every minute my FS(/hd4) size is increasing ?what could be the problem? how to diagnose it ? is there any specific command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixteam
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

3. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

5. AIX

Does HACMP have bugs increasing filesystem or Logical volumes

Hello, Does HACMP have bugs ? I have version 5.4 on AIX 6.1 and when I try to increase filesystem space or logical volume partitions which are under HACMP VG it gives me error: # lsvg rootvg pr0oravg px0oravg pb0oravg pr0sapvg px0sapvg pb0sapvg pr1_pr2_vg pr2_px1_vg # #... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
11 Replies

6. AIX

Problem with filesystem created after HACMP was shut down

There is a shared volume group connected to two AIX systems A and B on a shared storage. The shared volume group was regularly attached to the system A and in case of a system A crash, the system B should take over the shared volume group and resources on it. Resources on the shared storage:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamanu
1 Replies

7. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

10. AIX

Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3

I an trying to increase the file size on an AIX 5.3 box. I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command. Here is was i am trying on a test box # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0000bd8b00004c00000 0010d8ed7a76e VG STATE: active ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
3 Replies
gfs2_jadd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      gfs2_jadd(8)

NAME
gfs2_jadd - Add journals to a GFS2 filesystem SYNOPSIS
gfs2_jadd [OPTION]... <DEVICE|MOINTPOINT>... DESCRIPTION
gfs2_jadd is used to add journals (and a few other per-node files) to a GFS2 filesystem. When this operation is complete, the journal index is updated so that machines mounting the filesystem at a later date will see the newly created journals in addition to the journals already there. Machines which are already running in the cluster are unaffected. You may only run gfs2_jadd on a mounted filesystem, addition of journals to unmounted filesystems is not supported. You only need to run gfs2_jadd on one node in the cluster. All the other nodes will see the expansion has occurred when required. You must be superuser to execute gfs2_jadd. The gfs2_jadd tool tries to prevent you from corrupting your filesystem by checking as many of the likely problems as it can. When growing a filesystem, only the last step of updating the journal index affects the currently mounted filesystem and so failure part way through the expansion process should leave your filesystem in its original state. OPTIONS
-c MegaBytes Initial size of each journal's quota change file -D Print out debugging information about the filesystem layout. -h Prints out a short usage message and exits. -J size The size of the new journals in megabytes. The defaults to 32MB (the minimum size allowed is 8MB). If you want to add journals of different sizes to the filesystem, you'll need to run gfs2_jadd once for each different size of journal. -j num The number of new journals to add. -q Be quiet. Don't print anything. -u MegaBytes Initial size of each journal's unlinked tag file -V Version. Print version information, then exit. SEE ALSO
mkfs.gfs2(8) gfs2_grow(8) gfs2_jadd(8)