Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Created a partition and modified vfstab, recieve error after reboot Post 302317451 by Ackers on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 03:35:24 AM
Old 05-19-2009
Solved the problem, when I added the partition in /etc/vfstab I missed '-' sign.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files & Folders created/modified

Hello people, I want to list the files & folders created/modified since a particular date say June 2006. I know I can list recursively thru the folders and use awk to extract the date column to get the desired output. Just wanted to check whether there is an easier way to do this. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes

Hi Can some one please help me How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes I have used the command find . -mmin -5 and it does not work i get an error -mmin is bad option Please help Much regards Tarun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarundeepdhawan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the directory modified/created before 4 days

Hi, I have an application which creates some directories while running. I want to delete these directories which are 4 days older. i tried find . type d -mtime +1 -print And it is working fine.. but find . type d -mtime +4 -print is not giving any results which are 4 days... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
6 Replies

8. Ubuntu

/etc/hostname gets modified on reboot of ubuntu box

Hi, I have a ubuntu box with /etc/hostname entry like abcd-lx . However, if the machine shuts down without a proper shutdown , on reboot, the enter in /etc/hostname looks like %vserverguest% Also, /etc/hosts gets an invalid entry in place of abcd-lx. If anyone has any idea, please help! ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

9. Solaris

no command works after i created new partition!!!

This was my intial setup of the partition table. Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 259 - 2666 4.70GB (2408/0/0) 9863168 1 swap wu 3 - 258 512.00MB (256/0/0) 1048576 2 backup wm 0 -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing latest modified or created files recursively

Hi, I want to display latest files (created or modified) recursively in a path. I tried in different ways, but didn't get any desired output: find $path -type f -exec ls -lt {} \; | sort -n -r find $path -type f -printf %p";" | xargs -d ";" ls -t Second one is giving the error:... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
21 Replies
reboot(2)							System Calls Manual							 reboot(2)

NAME
reboot - boot the system SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
causes the system to reboot. howto is a mask of reboot options (see specified as follows: A file system sync is performed (unless is set) and the processor is rebooted from the default device and file. The processor is simply halted. A sync of the file system is performed unless the flag is set. should be used with caution. On systems with cellular architecture, all cells in the partition are rebooted in order to reconfigure the stable complex configuration data. On systems with non-cellular architec- ture, the default is A sync of the file system is performed unless the flag is set. Shut down the system firmware to a "ready to reconfigure" state and do not reboot. This option can be used only in combination with A sync of the file system is not performed. Unless the flag has been specified, reboot(2) unmounts all mounted file systems and marks them clean so that it will not be necessary to run fsck(1M) on these file systems when the system reboots. Only users with appropriate privileges can reboot a machine. RETURN VALUE
If successful, this call never returns. Otherwise, a -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if this condition is encountered: [EPERM] The effective user ID of the caller is not a user with appropriate privileges. DEPENDENCIES
The default file and device for is on the current root device. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
reboot(1M), privileges(5). reboot(2)