Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX email alerts for memory or cpu exceeding thresholds Post 302317009 by shockneck on Sunday 17th of May 2009 05:38:42 PM
Old 05-17-2009
An AIX admin would probably use RMC which is part of the OS since 5L and brings monitors exactly for what you asked: turn on / turn off events on conditions and send email and/or do some other action from there. Forget scripts that watch usage of filesystems, cpu and memory usage and so on. We don't need that. RMC has been there for years ready to use. Just pick one of the 80+ monitors and adapt or adjust it to your needs. Once you get used to it, you will love it. IBM Redbooks | A Practical Guide for Resource Monitoring and Control (RMC)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Memory Paging Thresholds

What would be a good threshold value for the following memory metrics? pgpgin/s pgpgout/s I would like to have a value that indicates a warning and an alarm level. Thanks in advance for any replies. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunLinux
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Email Alerts

Dear Network Masters, I want to know who brought up the concept of Email Alerts Feature. are their any RFC's on Email Alerts???? Please let me know. Thanks in Adv, meti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

configure solaris 10 mail to relay email alerts from SAN switch

I want to be able to use an account on a solaris 10 server, eg root@myhost to act as a relay to forward mail to my domain account me@mycompany.com The reason for this is to configure root@myhost as a mail relay on Brocade SAN switches - so that when a port goes bad i get an email alert.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibidee
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Alerts

hi I am running so scripts that clean up empty folders on our servers once a week. I run from a cron. But what i would like to do is add a email notfication so i can be notified that it completed. The script is #Clean Empty Folders on Studio Share perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic to send email alerts only 5 times a day

Hi, I have written below disk space monitoring script to monitor disk space every minute. I have scheduled this script through cron. But now my problem is this script alerts the users continuously until the space is freed up. These emails are filling up the inbox exponentially until the space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM Email Alerts

Hi I'm new to this forum and I was hoping you can help me with this strange activity. I have a Sol10 sun4u sparc SunFireV250 machine. Currently running ALOM 1.6.8 firmware. The following error was experienced on this machine: "Input power unavailable for PSU @ PS0" Reading the documention... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: La-Paloma78
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alerts whenever someone logs into server via SSH any user?

Hi all, Thanks in Advance!! I dont know how to start to write script for this process, my requirement is if any user logs into server automatically Admin get mail alert. how is this possible? any one guide me to complete this process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

9. AIX

Would like to get email alerts when user password going to expire

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script, which will send email alerts to Admin/users when users password is going to expire in 15 days. Can you please help me with the script. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email attachment using Operating System Script(UNIX) in Oracle Alerts

Good Day Kindly assist: I am creating an Alert that will notify supervisors of staff members who are due for probation report. I am using Operating System Script(Unix) as source.I have already developed the script. Now the challenge is if there are 3 employee records then the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosi27
2 Replies
Image::ExifTool::Geotag(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Image::ExifTool::Geotag(3pm)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::Geotag - Geotagging utility routines SYNOPSIS
This module is used by Image::ExifTool DESCRIPTION
This module loads GPS track logs, interpolates to determine position based on time, and sets new GPS values for geotagging images. Currently supported formats are GPX, NMEA RMC/GGA/GLL, KML, IGC, Garmin XML and TCX, and Magellan PMGNTRK. Methods in this module should not be called directly. Instead, the Geotag feature is accessed by writing the values of the ExifTool Geotag, Geosync and Geotime tags (see the Extra Tags in the tag name documentation). AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2011, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. REFERENCES
<http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/> <http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm#GSA> <http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kmlreference.html> <http://www.fai.org/gliding/system/files/tech_spec_gnss.pdf> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Lionel Genet for the ability to read IGC format track logs. SEE ALSO
"Extra Tags" in Image::ExifTool::TagNames, Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.4 2011-02-07 Image::ExifTool::Geotag(3pm)