Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in extracting text present between two headers in .txt file Post 302315884 by devtakh on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 12:15:09 PM
Old 05-13-2009
Code:
sed -n '/setregid02/,/^  [^ ]*$/{/^  [^ ]*$/!p}' file

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting records with unique fields from a fixed width txt file

Greetings, I would like to extract records from a fixed width text file that have unique field elements. Data is structured like this: John A Smith NY Mary C Jones WA Adam J Clark PA Mary Jones WA Fieldname / start-end position Firstname 1-10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting function headers in a c/c++ file using shell script

Hi, Is there any way to extract function headers from c and c++ files using a shell script? I tried to do it by reading the C/C++ file line by line and if a line matches a particular pattern (pattern of function header) i extracted it otherwise moved to next line. The problem here is, some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshini
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines present in one file but missing in another using Perl

Hey I have an input file containing a list of numbers like: U01120.CDS.1 D25328.CDS.1 X15573.CDS.1 K03515.CDS.1 L44140.CDS.10 U24183.CDS.1 M97347.CDS.1 U05259.CDS.1 And another input file containing results created on the basis of the above input: G6PT_HUMAN U01120.CDS.1 -1.9450 3.1706... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Banni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text not present in file

File 1: AAAAAA-100000 | ID: C110X01 AAAAAA-100000 | ID : P110X01 DDDDDD-8911694 | ID: P110X01 File2:- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r1111111 | AAAAAA-100000 | 2011-06-16 11:47:33 +0530 (Fri, 16 Jun 2011) | 2 lines Changed paths: A... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikassahalgaur
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 0.4238688 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
14 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)