Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep/egrep end of pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep/egrep end of pattern Post 302315326 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 05:20:37 AM
Old 05-12-2009
Try the -w option of grep.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep a certain pattern

hey guys this is my first post here, heard a lot about these forums. Iam urgently in need of a command which would help me accomplish the following , for example a file has these contents: 211 61 2007-06-26 13:47:32 211 61 2007-06-26 09:53:43 211 61 2007-06-26 15:25:14 211 61 2007-06-26... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trust123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW to egrep fo a pattern

Hi, I want to use egrep to match this expression in my file. The expression begins with the word SCHEDULE and ends with PFTDGNIN. In between these 2 words there can be anything. EX: Line1: SCHEDULE NWERRR#PFTDGNIN Line2: FOLLOWS NWD@AAS#PFTDGNIN So as a result of the egrep command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliewadi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple egrep pattern

I'm new to egrep. What pattern could I use to find all lines that match this pattern: <beginning of line><any amount of whitespace>sub<space>. I want it to return the entire line. (I'm trying to generate a list of all Perl sub definitions in a list of Perl modules.) Thanks for your help! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blondie53403
7 Replies

4. Solaris

how to grep or egrep pattern of apache access_log file

Hi I need to look for the range dates of access_log for example: between 02/May/2009:14:56:20 and 05/May/2009:18:46:06 then write the content to another file. Date and time is very important for me to concatenate them into access_log later. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lynx Grep Pattern Match 2 conditions Print from Start to End

I am working on a scraping project and I am stuck at this tiny grep pattern match. Sample text : FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. ABC Personal Planning Catherine K. Wat Cath Wat Catherine K. Wat Catherine K. Wat IFRAME:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkiran
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between grep, egrep & grep -i

Hi All, Please i need to know the difference between grep, egrep & grep -i when used to serach through a file. My platform is SunOS 5.9 & i'm using the korn shell. Regards, - divroro12 - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

EGREP pattern advice

Hi, I need advice on a simiple pattern check, Orginal Code bpimagelist -backupid xxxxxxxxxxxxx | grep "FRAG " | egrep -i "C5|W5" | awk 'NR==1{print $2,$9} 1 MAC514 What i want is to find any media beinging with C5|W5. I have tried ^C5|^W5, but this does not work. Removed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
tgt-setup-lun(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  tgt-setup-lun(8)

NAME
tgt-setup-lun - creates a target, adds a device to the target and defines initiators that can connect to the target SYNOPSIS
tgt-setup-lun -d device -n target_name [initiator_IP1 initiator_IP2 ...] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Starts tgtd if necessary and creates a target according to the supplied target_name. The format of the target name is as follows: iqn.2001-04.com.<hostname>-<target_name> The target name must be unique. The script then adds the requested device to the target. If specific IP addresses are defined, it adds them to the list of allowed initia- tors for that target. If no IP addresses is defined, it defines that the target accepts any initiator. EXAMPLES
Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81 and 192.168.10.82: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 192.168.10.82 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections from any initiator: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target Display help: tgt-setup-lun -h AUTHOR
Written by Erez Zilber REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt@vger.kernel.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Voltaire Ltd. 2008. tgt-setup-lun(8)