Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Looking for a command line tool that converts a .wmv file into .mpg Post 302315211 by SilversleevesX on Monday 11th of May 2009 10:55:13 PM
Old 05-11-2009
FFMpeg must have improved since I used it last.

Unless they've changed something since I've used ffmpegX, it seemed a little iffy with the WMV format. I recall it usually losing the audio stream or squinching the video track or something along those lines. The Flip4Mac route is probably best, though for full conversion you have to shell out a little $$, as it is the Microsoft endorsed, approved and maintained means of viewing and manipulating WMV in Mac OS X.

Not too long ago there was VirtualHub by Techspansion, but neither of those are any longer with us. VH did a pretty good job of converting WMV to MPG; there were only a few I ever used it on that it had problems with, and I suspect this was because they were encoded in a version of the wmv codec too new (or too weird) for the ffmpeg, mencoder and other core utils it used behind the GUI to do the job.

BZT

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux command line admin tool

Dear All, I am new to linux administration. what is the tool that is used to admin the linux server from remote client using telnet session. It can be used on the server also but start from command line with out Xwindows. just like SMIT in AIX. With Regards, Varma. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command-line tool for .gif files

Hello! I'm searching for a little (as basic as possible) command -line tool for viewing gif animations. I found gThumb and animate (imagemagick), but they both have a little problem... gthumb: no possibility of changing the background when viewing in fullscreen animate: no possibility of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
0 Replies
RYGEL(1)							 Rygel User Manual							  RYGEL(1)

NAME
rygel - a collection of DLNA/UPnP AV services SYNOPSIS
rygel [options] DESCRIPTION
rygel is a home media solution that allows you to easily share audio, video and pictures, and control of media player on your home network. In technical terms it is both a UPnP AV MediaServer and MediaRenderer implemented through a plug-in mechanism. Interoperability with other devices in the market is achieved by conformance to very strict requirements of DLNA and on the fly conversion of media to format that client devices are capable of handling. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. --help-all Show all help options. --help-gst Show GStreamer related help options. --version Show version of program. -n, --network-interface=INTERFACE Set the network-interface rygel listens on. -p, --port=PORT Set the listen-port. -t, --disable-transcoding Disable any transcoding. -m, --disable-mp3-transcoder Disable transcoding to MP3. -s, --disable-mp2ts-transcoder Disable transcoding to MPEG2 in TS container. -l, --disable-lpcm-transcoder Disable transcoding to Linear PCM. -w, --disable-wmv-transcoder Disable transcoding to WMV. -a, --disable-aac-transcoder Disable transcoding to AAC. -z, --disable-avc-transcoder Disable transcoding to AVC. -U, --disallow-upload Disable uploading of media files via UPnP. -D, --disallow-deletion UPnP clients are not allowed to delete media files on the server. -g, --log-level=LEVEL Comma-separated list of DOMAIN:LEVEL pairs, allowing to set the log level individually for each domain, where DOMAIN is eiher "*", "rygel" or the name of a plugin. Allowed log levels are 1=critical, 2=error, 3=warning, 4=message/info, 5=debug. -u, --plugin-path=PATH Set the plugin search path. -d, --disable-plugin=PLUGIN_NAME Disable the plugin PLUGIN_NAME. -i, --title=PLUGIN_NAME:TITLE Set the title of plugin PLUGIN_NAME to TITLE You can use this option more than once for every plugin you want to set the name of. -o, --plugin-option=PLUGIN_NAME: OPTION:VALUE1[,VALUE2,...] Set options for a plugin. -P, --disable-upnp Disable advertisement via UPnP and set rygel into streaming-only mode. -c --config=CONFIG_FILE Use CONFIG_FILE instead of ${XDG_CONFIG_DIR}/rygel.conf. FILES
/etc/rygel.conf The system-wide configuration file to control the behaviour of rygel. See rygel.conf(5) for further details. ${XDG_CONFIG_DIR}/rygel.conf The per-user configuration file to control the behaviour of rygel. See rygel.conf(5) for further details. ${XDG_CONFIG_DIR}/Rygel/*.xml Cached UPnP device description files. ENVIONMENT
RYGEL_DISABLE_UPNP Disable advertisement via UPnP and set rygel into streaming-only mode. RYGEL_IFACE Set the network interface to bind to. RYGEL_PORT Define the network port to bind to. RYGEL_DISABLE_TRANSCODING Disable transcoding globally. RYGEL_DISABLE_MP3_TRANS Disable the MP3 transcoder. RYGEL_DISABLE_LPCM_TRANS Disable the Linear PCM transcoder. RYGEL_DISABLE_MP2TS_TRANS Disable the MPEG2 in TS transcoder. RYGEL_DISABLE_WMV_TRANS Disable transcoding to WMV format. RYGEL_DISABLE_AAC_TRANS Disable transcoding to AAC format. RYGEL_DISABLE_AVC_TRANS Disable transcoding to AVC format. RYGEL_LOG Set the log level of rygel. RYGEL_PLUGIN_PATH Set the plugin search path of rygel. RYGEL_DISABLE_UPLOAD Disable media file upload via UPnP. RYGEL_DISABLE_DELETION Disable remote file deletion via UPnP. RYGEL_PLUGIN_TIMEOUT Set the time-out for finding the plugins. Useful to increase when running inside valgrind. Also for every plugin you can set the following environment variables: RYGEL_PLUGIN_NAME_TITLE Set the title of the plugin. RYGEL_PLUGIN_NAME_ENABLED Enable or disable the plugin. BUGS
The BTS can be found at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=rygel. SEE ALSO
rygel.conf(5) AUTHOR
Jens Georg <mail@jensge.org> Wrote this manpage. rygel 08/07/2012 RYGEL(1)