Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed or Awk to remove specific lines Post 302314499 by devtakh on Friday 8th of May 2009 01:01:59 PM
Old 05-08-2009
Try this:

Code:
sed '/alter[^;]*;/s///g;/alter[^;]*/{N;s/alter[^;]*\n[^;]*;//g}' file

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove specific lines from a file

When restoring a file in my uninstall program I need to remove the lines I added to a file during the install. In between the file can be modified by the users. Assume file1 is as follow: xxx str2 xxxx ..... ...The Following lines containing str* have to be removed... xxx str1 xxxx xxx ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting specific 'id's from lines and columns using 'SED' or 'AWK'

Hello experts, I am new to this group and to 'SED' and 'AWK'. I have data (text file) with 5 columns (C_1-5) and 100s of lines (only 10 lines are shown below as an example). I have to find or select only the id numbers (C-1) of specific lines with '90' in the same line (of C_3) AND with '20' in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamskamu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first

Greetings All, I would like to find all occurences of a pattern and delete a substring from the all matching lines EXCEPT the first. For example: 1234::group:user1,user2,user3,blah1,blah2,blah3 2222::othergroup:user9,user8 4444::othergroup2:user3,blah,blah,user1 1234::group3:user5,user1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksolm
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines in file if specific field matches

I am trying to remove lines in the target.txt file if $5 before the - in that file matches sorted_list. I have tried grep and awk. Thank you :). grep grep -v -F -f targets.bed sort_list grep -vFf sort_list targets awk awk -F, ' > FILENAME == ARGV {to_remove=1; next} > ! ($5 in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to remove specific column to one range

I need to remove specific column to one range source file 3 1 000123456 2 2 000123569 3 3 000123564 12 000123156 15 000125648 128 000125648 Output required 3 000123456 2 000123569 3 000123564 12 000123156 15 000125648 128 000125648 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)