Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers search words in different file Post 302312882 by devtakh on Monday 4th of May 2009 01:44:42 AM
Old 05-04-2009
Code:
grep -l "internet" *

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for words in file

hi all, i would like to search in a directory. all files they were found shoul be opend and looked about a keyword. if keyword is found i want to see the name of the file. i've rtfm of find and have a command like this : find /etc -exec cat \{}\ | grep KEYWORD but don't work, and : find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent_Orange
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search File for Specific Words

I have a file that contains the following: Mon Dec 3 15:52:57 PST 2o007: FAILED TO PROCESSED FILE 200712030790881200.TXT - exit code=107 Tue Dec 4 09:08:57 PST 2007: FAILED TO PROCESSED FILE 200712030790879200a.TXT - exit code=107 This file also has a lot more stuff since it is a log file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevasquez
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a test file for specific words

I have the need to search a text file from my unix script to determine if it contains the strings of: 'ERROR' and/or 'WARNING'. By using Grep I can search the file and return a where one of these strings exists. Like this: cat myfile.txt | grep ERROR Output: PROCESS ERROR HERE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in a file

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958 only in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in the same file using unix scripting file operations

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958(which is hostname) only,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file or log for words or strings

i want to search a log for occurrences of words and i want the result to tell me how many lines in the log contained each word. if i type a command like this: egrep "cat|dog|monkey|bananas|bike" logfile i would like a response like this: cat=3,dog=17,monkey=1,bananas=102,bike=51 the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for words NOT in a text file

I have a long list of alphanumberic words (no spaces or characters) in file1.txt I need to check for the existance of each of the words from file1.txt against file2.txt and if the word is NOT in file2.txt, I need to know about it, either standard output or redirect to file3.txt For example:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in multiple file line by line

Hi All I have to search servers name say like 1000+ "unique names" line by line in child.txt files in another file that is a master file where all server present say "master.txt",if child.txt's server name matches with master files then it print yes else no with server name. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL - Reserved SQL words by MySQL SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved MySQL word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by MySQL. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either MySQL 3.2, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1. is_reserved_by_mysql3( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by MySQL 3.2. is_reserved_by_mysql4( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either MySQL 4.0 or 4.1. is_reserved_by_mysql5( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either MySQL 5.0 or 5.1. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with MySQL versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_mysql3 is_reserved_by_mysql4 is_reserved_by_mysql5 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL(3pm)