Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cd command doesn't work through variables Post 302312575 by manish6725 on Saturday 2nd of May 2009 01:43:43 AM
Old 05-02-2009
I am also new to shell scripting can you tell me ..
why are you using "\" in /Volumes/Backup\ vipin/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line work script doesn't

Hello, I'm stuck and confused as to why when I execute things form the command line it works but when in a script it doesn't. My script: ### creating a lock on the console touch /var/run/console.lock chmod 600 /var/run/console.lock echo "$User" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command doesn't work under cron ?

I have defined in cron crontab -l >/FIXENGINE/data/crontab.$(whoami).$(date +%a) The resulting file is named crontab.fixadmin. When I run the above from a command line, the file is named: crontab.fixadmin.Tue (or whatever day I happen to be running) The question is - why do I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjohn-nj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command in shell script doesn't work

Hello all, Something strange going on with a shell script I'm writing. It's trying to write a list of files that it finds in a given directory to another file. But I also have a skip list so matching files that are in that skip list should be, well uhm, skipped :) Here's the code of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StijnV
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh remote command doesn't work from script file

I have 10 application servers in a distributed architecture generating their own application logs. Each server has application utility to continuously tail the log. for example following command follows tails and follows new logfiles as they are generated server1$ logutility logtype When I run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

7z command for files larger than 4GB ( unzip doesn't work)

My unzip command doesn't work for files that are greater than 4GB. Consider my file name is unzip -p -a filename.zip, the command doesn't work since the size of the file is larger. I need to know the corresponding 7z command for the same. This is my Unix shell script program: if then ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] passing variables to executable doesn't work

Bash version 4.4.20 / Ubuntu 16.0.4 Hello, I tried to write a script that gathers some data and passes them to an executable. The executed application answers with an error. The echo output in the script returns correct values. If I copy/paste the last echo command, it get's executed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushi2k7
2 Replies
BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)

NAME
backup_delvolset - Deletes one or more volume sets from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup delvolset -name <volume set name>+ [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup delvols -n <volume set name>+ [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup delvolset command deletes each volume set named by the -name argument, and the volume entries each contains, from the Backup Database. The backup listvolsets command lists the volume sets (and their volume entries) currently defined in the Backup Database. CAUTIONS
Deleting a temporary volume set is possible only within the interactive session in which it was created. Exiting the interactive session also destroys the temporary volume set automatically. OPTIONS
-name <volume set name>+ Names each volume set to delete. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the volume set called user and all volume entries in it: % backup delvolset user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addvolentry(8), backup_addvolset(8), backup_delvolentry(8), backup_listvolsets(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)