Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Displaying Filesystem During df Post 302311879 by Olli.Lang on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 11:32:33 PM
Old 04-30-2009
Displaying Filesystem/Directory Using df

I'm unsure about the topic title, but this is what I want to do.

I have a directory, named /opt/extra and and I want it to be displayed when I issue df command. Just by using df only, not df /opt/extra.

Current df output

Code:
root@jebat10 # df -k
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/md/dsk/d0       57931765 55747342 1605106    98%    /
/devices                   0       0       0     0%    /devices
ctfs                       0       0       0     0%    /system/contract
proc                       0       0       0     0%    /proc
mnttab                     0       0       0     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                 20266632    1632 20265000     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                      0       0       0     0%    /system/object
fd                         0       0       0     0%    /dev/fd
/dev/md/dsk/d3       4133598 1026636 3065627    26%    /var
swap                 20265120     120 20265000     1%    /tmp
swap                 20265088      88 20265000     1%    /var/run

Result that I want

Code:
root@jebat10 # df -k
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/md/dsk/d0       57931765 55747342 1605106    98%    /
?                    xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xx% /opt/extra
/devices                   0       0       0     0%    /devices
ctfs                       0       0       0     0%    /system/contract
proc                       0       0       0     0%    /proc
mnttab                     0       0       0     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                 20266632    1632 20265000     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                      0       0       0     0%    /system/object
fd                         0       0       0     0%    /dev/fd
/dev/md/dsk/d3       4133598 1026636 3065627    26%    /var
swap                 20265120     120 20265000     1%    /tmp
swap                 20265088      88 20265000     1%    /var/run

Regards,
Olli

Last edited by Olli.Lang; 04-30-2009 at 02:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying date

Hi All, When I type date..I get the date, time ..etc displayed ...but can someone help me to display yesterdays date... some script to display back dates. Thanks in advance Minaz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: minazk
7 Replies

2. SCO

vi editor not displaying?

Hi guys, I have changed some path in the vi .profile and then i shutdown the system and when i reboot it i was unable to use vi. It is showing vi not found.Likewise for few other commands also. How to solve this problem and make vi work again. Plz. do provide the answer it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthu_m
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying with ls

hi, how can display year parameter also while listing files from a directory?it displyas only if last acces sis more than 1 yr i guess.can it be dispalyed using some option or some method? thanks and regards vivek.s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the users

how can i list the users( and only those users) who logged in more than once? thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output from df -k in GB instead of KB

Hello all, Code below: echo "Oracle Filesystems" echo "------------------" echo for j in `df -l -k |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk '{print $1}'` do echo $j is `df -l -k $j |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk -F":" '{print $2}'|awk '{print $1}'` KB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

9. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

error in displaying filesystem %

Hi, The below command is expected to display the filesystem along with the used % and available % in each of the filesystem in the linux box. df -k / | grep -v 'capacity' | gawk '{ print $5 }' But instead of displaying the actual used %, it is showing as 'Use%'. Could anyone please let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
2 Replies
PLMESH(3plplot) 						    PLplot API							   PLMESH(3plplot)

NAME
plmesh - Plot surface mesh SYNOPSIS
plmesh(x, y, z, nx, ny, opt) DESCRIPTION
Plots a surface mesh within the environment set up by plw3d(3plplot). The surface is defined by the two-dimensional array z[nx][ny], the point z[i][j] being the value of the function at (x[i], y[j]). Note that the points in arrays x and y do not need to be equally spaced, but must be stored in ascending order. The parameter opt controls the way in which the surface is displayed. For further details see the PLplot documentation. Redacted form: plmesh(x, y, z, opt) This function is used in example 11. ARGUMENTS
x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to set of x coordinate values at which the function is evaluated. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to set of y coordinate values at which the function is evaluated. z (PLFLT **, input) Pointer to a vectored two-dimensional array with set of function values. nx (PLINT, input) Number of x values at which function is evaluated. ny (PLINT, input) Number of y values at which function is evaluated. opt (PLINT, input) Determines the way in which the surface is represented: opt=DRAW_LINEX: Lines are drawn showing z as a function of x for each value of y[j]. opt=DRAW_LINEY: Lines are drawn showing z as a function of y for each value of x[i]. opt=DRAW_LINEXY: Network of lines is drawn connecting points at which function is defined. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLMESH(3plplot)