Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script to count the time of transaction Post 302310917 by otheus on Monday 27th of April 2009 10:33:04 AM
Old 04-27-2009
Just execute "date" at appropriate points in the script. If you want the date to produce a particular format, look up the man page on it or search this forum for possibilities

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

average transaction time

Hi all, I have large daily log file(s) that hold the times for requests and responses on different system requests. What I want to do is work out average transaction times for the day (one log = one day). The problem I'm having is figuring out how to skip rows, i've sorted the output by uniq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or Shell script to read a transaction log in real time

Hello, I have a Apache webserver running on RedHat. Its primary function is a proxy server for users accessing the internet. I have a transaction log that logs every transactions of every users. For users trying to access certain sites/content the transactions goes into a 302 redirect loop and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruno406
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append transaction header lines to same transaction's detail lines

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can give me a hand in helping me append transaction header line in a file at the end of the transaction detail lines. Basically, I have a file that looks like this: FHEAD File1 THEAD TRANS1-blah TDETL HI1 TDETL HI2 TDETL HI3 TTAIL TRANS1-blah THEAD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie12
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to count and insert

Hi not sure if this is possible but I need some help with a bash script, I have a text file and on the first line that starts with 7150230 I need it to put a 1 at position 79 and a 2 at position 88, this is where it gets complicated, on the next line it finds that starts with 7150230 I then need it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Looping all the time

Hello, I have a database file, named data.txt, and a shell script (convert.sh) to convert data.txt from columns to row. Output file name will be column_to_row.txt In this example data.txt has only four rows. Format of data.txt is: info name surname telefon_nr Data.txt info boris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in bash that works only some of the time

I ran this script yesterday (in the background) /usr/bin/nohup myfilelocation/myscriptname.sh & the script worked perfectly. i ran it today (also in the background) and just sat there. So i killed it and ran it normally and it worked perfectly. Anyone suggest why it just sat there and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
8 Replies

10. Programming

Difference between BEGIN TRANSACTION & START TRANSACTION?

What's the difference between BEGIN TRANSACTION vs START TRANSACTION? Also goes for COMMIT TRANSACTION vs COMMIT? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
0 Replies
DATETIME.SETTIME(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETTIME(3)

DateTime::setTime - Sets the time

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setTime (int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_time_set (DateTime $object, int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) Resets the current time of the DateTime object to a different time. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $hour - Hour of the time. o $minute - Minute of the time. o $second - Second of the time. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setTime(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2001-01-01'); date_time_set($date, 14, 55); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; date_time_set($date, 14, 55, 24); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 2001-01-01 14:55:00 2001-01-01 14:55:24 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 65); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 65, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(25, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-01-01 14:55:24 2001-01-01 14:56:05 2001-01-01 15:05:24 2001-01-02 01:55:24 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setISODate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETTIME(3)