Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl newbie . &&..programming newbie Post 302310338 by xytiz on Friday 24th of April 2009 10:52:02 AM
Old 04-24-2009
Question

Hey ghostDog,

Thanks for the reply.. I have now got to a stage where i have the folder abcd in place but i need to create abcd/011112008/*.dat ..so i used opendir to go inside "abcd" folder and again call makedir function i have written but i think I need to set the o/p put path unlike windows where you open the dir and do create dir :-) ..

Again thanks for your help ..any further inputs on this will be very helpful...

xytiz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

programming question from a newbie, please help

Hi Everyone, I really hope I could get some insight from a few of you, I've been searching the net for various resources, and this board seems to be the friendliest and most helpful by far. I work for a medical research company and we use sun 4 and we have different studies that have their... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milenky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Programming Newbie Chick

OK, so I'm trying to finish my last individual assignment for this course, and it's the first time I've visited a forum (I've actually understood UNIX up to this point). I am having trouble with this one. I have to write a program that prompts the user to type their first name and stores it in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalgoddess21
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie ? Need Help with If/Then & Line Breaks...

I hope this makes sense, but I need help with what is indicated with %%, below : A.) ####List active servers and send to file#### # ps -ef | grep jboss | grep sh | awk '{if ($14) {print $12;}else {print $11}}' | sort > /export/home/kthatch/script_results client302 client306 client309... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthatch
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie help with New Line & Blank Line

I have this in my script: usercount=`ldapsearch -L -b"ou=people,ou=$ou,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com" -h"$server" -p"1391" cn=* nothing | grep -c dn` admincount=`ldapsearch -b"ou=groups,ou=$ou,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com" -h"$server" -p"1391" cn=USERADMIN* uniquemember | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

6. SCO

newbie - CUPS installation & C compiler

Ok new in here so be gentle: I'm a programmer with the need to also be a sys admin on a box running: Client has purchased a Kyocera KM-4035 do it all machine. However, no driver exists for SCO and when I contacted their Kyocera rep he told me to install CUPS. I downloaded CUPS and ran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbxguy
2 Replies

7. Fedora

Newbie at Linux Kernel programming!

Hi Friends, This is my first ever post on this forum. I am a new user in the Linux field. Although, I have been working for sometime with CentOS at my work, I would consider myself an amateur only in this field. :D The way file system works in linux and the reason its open-source, has really... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitrajjain
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

newbie: Linux Server Names & Types..!!!

Any one tell me about the list of Redhat Linux Enterprise 5 SERVERS and their functions. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman103
3 Replies

9. AIX

Newbie & LPAR

Hello, what is the meaning of: lparstat -i Node Name : **** Partition Name : **** Partition Number : 1 Type : Shared-SMT Mode : Capped Entitled Capacity : 2.00 Partition Group-ID : 32769 Shared Pool ID : 0 Online Virtual CPUs : 4 Maximum Virtual CPUs : 4 Minimum Virtual CPUs :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Talulah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming newbie -help!!

Hi I am trying to learn shell script and i ran into an issue. I am trying to read a file with few directories and tar them up. I used a while loop but i end up overwriting tar file with only the last directory in the file being tared . cat test.txt | ( while read line do tar -czPf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SPR
8 Replies
DH_PERL(1)							     Debhelper								DH_PERL(1)

NAME
dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker SYNOPSIS
dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...] DESCRIPTION
dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}. dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules. OPTIONS
-d In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base system. Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed. -V By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified. library dirs If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.8.3 Perl policy, version 1.20 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_PERL(1)