Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDOMs on T5220
Operating Systems Solaris LDOMs on T5220 Post 302308085 by sbk1972 on Friday 17th of April 2009 04:32:15 AM
Old 04-17-2009
Are LDOMS just another term given to zones or containers ?

SBK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

kstat on T5220

We used kstat on netra240/440 to check if the link is full duplex. So we do something like: bash-3.00# kstat -pc net bge:1::/'link_duplex'/ | cut -f2 2 The output 2 indicates the link is full duplex. This kind of check worked all right for Netra 240/440 systems. However, the nxge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SC on T5220 not responding

Hi, SC on one of my T5220 is not responding .. it does not show not let me type anything .. what could be the reason for it ? though when i powercycle the box from sc it shows me the system coming up but after that does not let me login thru sc sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Solaris

T5220 server

Hi, We have two T5220 servers in our datacentre one server is showing 64 processors online and another showing 32 processors online two are newly purchased, there is no hardware faults in this server one server has 64gb memory and it shows 64 processors, and other having 32gb memory and it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues With T5220

I'm trying to use a V210 (sun4u) configured as a jumpstart server to flash install a number of T5220's (sunv4). The Facts: V210 - Solaris 10 (September 2010 Release / not patched) T5220's - Archive's created using prior (unknown) version of solaris 10. Flar -i <archive name> shows the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
6 Replies

7. Solaris

T5220

Hi Guys and Gals, Wondering if anyone could help me, tricky one this. Got a T5220 with a graphics card. When you power it on, it outputs its output to the screen and you can type commands with the keyboard etc. But no matter what version of Solaris 10 you use, when you do a boot cdrom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

8. Solaris

T5220

Hello guys, can anyone give me some advice on how to perform clean installation of Solaris 10 on T5220 ? I am connected with serial management port on the machine, i have the ok promt and now i should eject the dvdrom to insert Solaris dvd into and start the clean install. So how to do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Where are my other disks on T5220 ?

Hi, I got a (used) server to install Solaris 11 and wipe out every information on existing disks. There are 6 disks of 300GB and two disks of 146GB. I am not able to figure out, how to find out RAID (if there is any) and break it. Can anybody help me with that ? Below is configuration. I have... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

10. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies
vzsplit(8)							    Containers								vzsplit(8)

NAME
vzsplit - generate a sample container configuration file SYNOPSIS
vzsplit [-n numve] [-f conf_name] [-s swapsize] [-v yes|no] DESCRIPTION
The vzsplit utility is used to split the Hardware Node into equal parts. It generates a full set of system resource control parameters for the given number of containers. The values are calculated from the total physical memory of the Hardware Node the utility runs on, and the number of containers the Hardware Node shall be able to run even if the given number of containers consume all the resources available. Without any option given, vzsplit prompts for the desired number of containers and outputs the resulting resource control parameters to stdout. If there are not enough system resources to run the specified number of containers, an appropriate message is shown and the sample configu- ration file is not generated. OPTIONS
-n numve Specify the number of containers. -f conf_name Specify the configuration sample name to write configuration to, instead of standard output. The file created will be named /etc/vz/conf/ve-conf_name.conf-sample. -s swapsize Specify the swap size in Kbytes. If this option is not given, the swap size is read from /proc/meminfo. -v yes|no Whether to generate VSwap enabled configuration. Default is auto-detect by checking if running kernel is VSwap capable; this option overrides auto-detection. EXIT STATUS
vzsplit returns 0 upon a successful execution. If anything goes wrong, it returns 1. SEE ALSO
ctid.conf(5). LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2000-2011, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. OpenVZ 6 Jun 2011 vzsplit(8)