Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDOMs on T5220
Operating Systems Solaris LDOMs on T5220 Post 302307995 by JerryHone on Thursday 16th of April 2009 07:20:46 PM
Old 04-16-2009
LDOMs on T5220

We're just about to migrate a large application from an Enterprise 6900 to a pair of T5220s utilising LDOMs. Does anyone have any experience of LDOMs on this kit and can provide any recommendations or pitfalls to avoid?
I've heard that use of LDOMs can have an impact on I/O speeds as it's all virtualised and routes through the control LDOM - again, does anyone know any more?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

kstat on T5220

We used kstat on netra240/440 to check if the link is full duplex. So we do something like: bash-3.00# kstat -pc net bge:1::/'link_duplex'/ | cut -f2 2 The output 2 indicates the link is full duplex. This kind of check worked all right for Netra 240/440 systems. However, the nxge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SC on T5220 not responding

Hi, SC on one of my T5220 is not responding .. it does not show not let me type anything .. what could be the reason for it ? though when i powercycle the box from sc it shows me the system coming up but after that does not let me login thru sc sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Solaris

T5220 server

Hi, We have two T5220 servers in our datacentre one server is showing 64 processors online and another showing 32 processors online two are newly purchased, there is no hardware faults in this server one server has 64gb memory and it shows 64 processors, and other having 32gb memory and it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues With T5220

I'm trying to use a V210 (sun4u) configured as a jumpstart server to flash install a number of T5220's (sunv4). The Facts: V210 - Solaris 10 (September 2010 Release / not patched) T5220's - Archive's created using prior (unknown) version of solaris 10. Flar -i <archive name> shows the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
6 Replies

7. Solaris

T5220

Hi Guys and Gals, Wondering if anyone could help me, tricky one this. Got a T5220 with a graphics card. When you power it on, it outputs its output to the screen and you can type commands with the keyboard etc. But no matter what version of Solaris 10 you use, when you do a boot cdrom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

8. Solaris

T5220

Hello guys, can anyone give me some advice on how to perform clean installation of Solaris 10 on T5220 ? I am connected with serial management port on the machine, i have the ok promt and now i should eject the dvdrom to insert Solaris dvd into and start the clean install. So how to do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Where are my other disks on T5220 ?

Hi, I got a (used) server to install Solaris 11 and wipe out every information on existing disks. There are 6 disks of 300GB and two disks of 146GB. I am not able to figure out, how to find out RAID (if there is any) and break it. Can anybody help me with that ? Below is configuration. I have... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

10. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)