Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Reading putty command line parameters from Linux Post 302307598 by tpietschmann on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 10:17:58 PM
Old 04-15-2009
use the plink program within Putty

Code:
C:\utils\PuTTY>plink -ssh root@192.168.0.109 uname -a
root@192.168.0.109's password:
Linux MyBookWorld 2.6.17.14 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jan 17 16:13:04 GMT 2007 armv5tejl GN
U/Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you take in variables/parameters from the command line?

I need to take in two parameters from the command line...help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avisram
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building command line parameters of arbitrary length

I couldn't find an existing thread that addressed this question, so hopefully this isn't redundant with anything previously posted. Here goes: I am writing a C-Shell script that runs a program that takes an arbitrary number of parameters: myprog -a file1 \ -b file2 \ -c file3 ... \ -n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmcnorgan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use parameters in command line while submitting a report

Iam running a report(.rdf) file from UNIX command line. using the following syntax for eg xxx.rdf is the report rdf ar60run batch=yes userid=username/paswd@database report=xxx.rdf destype=file desname=xxx.dat now i need to submit this with three pameters pls suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to hide command line parameters?

Hello I want to hide command line parameters of my programs/scripts to not to be seen with 'ps' command. How can I do that? thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with command line parameters

hi, This is actually realted to a Abinitio command in a unix script. my code is #!/bin/ksh GRAPH_NAME=$1 shift air sandbox run $GRAPH_NAME $* > file.lst 2>&1 if ]; then echo "Pass" fi when i run this script with this command "script.ksh graph_name parameters" the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva1612
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line parameters

hi again question on how to change code so that script will prompt to enter parameter if they are missing. . . code I have so far : #!/bin/bash two="200" three=500 if ; then echo " first line parameter is $one " else echo -n " first parameter is missing , please write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective command line parameters.

Hi, I have a script which has 3 command line parameters.But sometimes it will also take 2 command line parameters or 1.How to do it? I am using $1,$2... to specify the command line parameters. The script which i have written is given below. #!/bin/sh echo "database="$1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux parameters in SQL command

Hello. It's my first steps in creat bash skript. This is my skript : mysql -e " UPDATE datebase.table SET U_O_ID=NULL WHERE U_O_ID LIKE '"$w4"' AND N_U != '"$w1"' " -u admin -p""Password"" ; It doesn't work. I find a lot of topic about it, but I didn't find simple answer.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karp
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
SETSID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SETSID(2)

NAME
setsid - creates a session and sets the process group ID SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> pid_t setsid(void); DESCRIPTION
setsid() creates a new session if the calling process is not a process group leader. The calling process is the leader of the new session, the process group leader of the new process group, and has no controlling tty. The process group ID and session ID of the calling process are set to the PID of the calling process. The calling process will be the only process in this new process group and in this new session. RETURN VALUE
On success, the (new) session ID of the calling process is returned. On error, (pid_t) -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EPERM The process group ID of any process equals the PID of the calling process. Thus, in particular, setsid() fails if the calling process is already a process group leader. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
A child created via fork(2) inherits its parent's session ID. The session ID is preserved across an execve(2). A process group leader is a process with process group ID equal to its PID. In order to be sure that setsid() will succeed, fork(2) and _exit(2), and have the child do setsid(). SEE ALSO
getsid(2), setpgid(2), setpgrp(2), tcgetsid(3), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-12-03 SETSID(2)