Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SPOT requirement
Operating Systems AIX SPOT requirement Post 302307555 by zxmaus on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 06:33:10 PM
Old 04-15-2009
Hi,

assuming you intend to mount your filesystems, it will not work since nothing changes the requirement - as you stated - to have the spot at the same or higher level ...

Rgds
zxmaus

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spot

does somebody know about SPOT ?? any link about SPOT commands ? i ve made a mistake during configuration, :mad: then i ve started the system in Maintenance mode the only shell was SPOT. :eek: SPOT doesn t understand anything.... how do i work with SPOT ? thanks in advance Karine... :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spot the difference

I posted earlier with a problem it's here, I have edited the script a little and it tells me once more that the end of line is unexpected and I'm really lost with this one, thanks for any help. The new version: #!/bin/sh case $# in 0) echo "Usage: enshar filename1 filename2 " >&2 ;;... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dim-Wit
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I search with regex in one spot?

Hello im new here and i shot stright with question. Mainly i wanna ask , how do i search with regexp in one spot and show the whole thing, what im trying to ask is , for eg. i do ls -l, and i see all the info for the dirs and dats. now say i wanna get all the dats that in their name they start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goroner
2 Replies

4. AIX

how to make a spot

HI. there My 10 servers are running on 6.1-05-03 aix including NIM server but my user want to update a TL (61-05-03 to 61-06-04) if I Update a AIx version of TL .. is that change the SPOT of NIM server.. OR if I make a spot of AIX7.1 and Is that support AIX 6.1 AIX 5.3 Images I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
1 Replies

5. AIX

Error with new NIM SPOT

I have added our DR to NIM server and tried to create bosinstall image with smitty nim_bosinst command. But ended up with below error. warning: 0042-229 m_bos_inst: When installing a system using a mksysb as the source for the installation, the level of the SPOT used for the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to create a SPOT

Hi everyone! Ok so I'm trying for the first time to install AIX on a LPAR with NIM. The NIM: root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # oslevel -s 6100-08-02-1316 I'm trying to install AIX 6.1 TL1. I successfully created a new lpp source root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # lsnim -l AIX61_TL1_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: trivium012
10 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount filesystems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special | node umount -a | -A [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount command calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a special device or the remote node (rhost:path) from the filesystem tree at the point node. If either special or node are not provided, the appropriate information is taken from the list of filesystems provided by getfsent(3). The options are as follows: -a All the filesystems described via getfsent(3) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted filesystems except the root are unmounted. -f The filesystem is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root filesystem cannot be forcibly unmounted. -h host Only filesystems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option implies the -A option and, unless otherwise speci- fied with the -t option, will only unmount NFS filesystems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on filesystems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of filesystem types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the filesystem types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -a -t nfs,hfs umounts all filesystems of the type NFS and HFS. -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each filesystem is unmounted. NOTES
Due to the complex and interwoven nature of Mac OS X, umount may fail often. It is recommended that diskutil(1) (as in, ``diskutil unmount /mnt'') be used instead. SEE ALSO
unmount(2), getfsent(3), mount(8), diskutil(1) HISTORY
A umount command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1995 4th Berkeley Distribution