Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to list locked users in hp-ux? Post 302307136 by rwuerth on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 04:59:06 PM
Old 04-14-2009
This works for me on HP-UX 11.11

Code:
oldIFS="$IFS"
IFS=:
while read user garbage
do
passwd -s $user
done < /etc/passwd | grep "LK"
IFS="$oldIFS"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users locked out of Server

hiya all, I have Fedora core 3 installed - as a server - onto an old PC. Root u/n and psw lets me in However, all the other accounts no longer worked. They use to work until yesterday... I now get the error at the login screen: "AUTHENTICATIONFAILED" I hope this is a common... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of active and locked OS accounts

Hello all I'm trying to generate a list of active and locked accounts at the end of every month...How would I know which account is active and which is locked or diabled ...I was looking at the /etc/passwd file but I was not sure how to differentiate between an active account and a locked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Disabled/Locked users

How can I check the disabled/locked users in HP-UX? It's possible to know that without root privileges? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to list locked file in unix?

Hi, I want to list out all files which are lock by some process. ex- ~/critical I want to list all files in critical directory which has been locked. I need this very badly. Any suggestion highly appriciated. Regards, Ashok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i list all locked account in linux?

Hi How do i list all locked account in my linux distributiion I have tried passwd -S -a but it seems to not working . My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list of users

Hello!Does anybody know how to solve this script: ,,write a shell script which displays a list of names of users who have created files "*. c" in the last day."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theodoraa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users list

Hi i would like to know were the folder that contain file with list of all users ? And were i can learn about what kind of folder i have and wheat they have inside? question 2. when i write ls -a i see all directories and then i choose for example Documents and inside Documents i typed again... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iliya24
1 Replies

8. Programming

Perl list of users

Hi All i need to write something in perl that on a mac list all the users accounts, and then carries out a copy, ( rsync ) on each one it finds. i was going to use glob, but i want to exclude a certain result here is what i have use Getopt::Std; use POSIX qw(tmpnam); use lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

9. AIX

Get List of users+IPs

Hello! We have an AIX box (6.3), we are looking for a way to get list of logged in users and their IP. The issue we have is running who -ub shows hostname and we are wanting to get the ip. Any suggestions of ideas? Thanks in advance for any help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: entropy1980
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script? I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
GSHADOW(5)						   File Formats and Conversions 						GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when a user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with an exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 GSHADOW(5)