Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query? Post 302307081 by gregrobinsonhd on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 02:11:47 PM
Old 04-14-2009
Or can I only do this type of variable setting using bash or some other shell?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store query multiple result in shell script variable(Array)

:) Suppose,I have one table A. Table A have one column. Table A have 10 rows. I want this 10 rows store into shell script variable. like #!/bin/ksh v_shell_var=Hi here in call oracle , through loop How can I store table A's 10 rows into v_shell_var (Shell Script Array). Regards, Div (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data - urgent pls

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data and put in a .csv file using korn shell. Pls help me as its very urgent. Thanks, Hema. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set shell variables from SQLPLUS query results

Hi All, I needed to get the result of two sqlplus queris into shell variables. After days of looking for the ultimate solution to this problem.. i found this... sqlplus -s USER/PASS@DB <<EOF | awk '{if(NR==1) printf("%s ", $1); if(NR==2) printf("%s ", $1);}' | read VAR1 VAR2 set head off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set variable permanent in csh?

We are using csh on our AIX platform, if we have to export/set a specific environment variable we use setenv command but its only valid till session. How do we set that variable permanent in our csh AIX? Do we put it in userprofile file or something else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixusrsys
1 Replies
FINCORE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						FINCORE(1)

NAME
fincore -- query in-core status of file pages SYNOPSIS
fincore [-qs] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fincore utility queries and displays in-core status of specified files. Note that the result can already be stale when being output due to other activities in the system. Thus it should be used only for advisory purposes. The fincore utility accepts the following options. -q The quiet mode. Outputs nothing unless the file has in-core pages. -s The summary mode. Only shows number of pages. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that /bin/cat and /bin/cp are fully cached in-core while the other executables are not in-core. numbers shown in the default output are page indexes in the file of each in-core pages. % fincore /bin/c* /bin/cat: 0 1 2 3 /bin/chio: /bin/chmod: /bin/cp: 0 1 2 3 4 5 /bin/cpio: /bin/csh: % fincore -s /bin/c* /bin/cat: 4 / 4 in-core pages (100.00%) /bin/chio: 0 / 5 in-core pages (0.00%) /bin/chmod: 0 / 3 in-core pages (0.00%) /bin/cp: 6 / 6 in-core pages (100.00%) /bin/cpio: 0 / 36 in-core pages (0.00%) /bin/csh: 0 / 41 in-core pages (0.00%) SEE ALSO
mincore(2) AUTHORS
The fincore utility is written by YAMAMOTO Takashi. CAVEATS
The concept of page cache is an implementation detail of the kernel. The fincore utility works using some assumptions on the current imple- mentation. Thus it might stop working in a future version of NetBSD. BUGS
The amount of CPU time the current implementation of fincore utility would take is roughly proportional to the file sizes. Ideally it should be proportional to the number of in-core pages. BSD
January 5, 2012 BSD