Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers running command prompt executable file in shell script Post 302306994 by atl@mav on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 10:36:51 AM
Old 04-14-2009
r can we write this same program in shell formate? if yes how ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Programming

Running an executable file

I've created a c program and compiled it with gcc, in unix. The file name is abc.c and it is run by typing the command ./abc I have another program which creates a child process, and I need this abc program to run on that child process. I've tried execvp(), but it doesn't work. How can I run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell command in Perl script

Does not work. #!/usr/bin/perl $etcdir = 'ls -l /etc'; print $etcdir; #END ------------result-------- #perl -w abc123.pl ls -l /etc # This method works. #!/usr/bin/perl $etcdir = system("ls -l /etc"); print $etcdir; #END (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a script to redirect the command prompt data int a log file.

Hello forum memebers, I have to write a script to copy command arguments into a log.please see the below issue and help me to complete it. i have command "mkidcfg" it is custiomized.I will run the command with one arguments . mkidcfg -I _config.db_ids it will open the below options. 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Executable in Bash Script

Hey guys, so I've been trying to write a bash script called runSorter.sh that runs an executable that also takes in some parameters and outputs the results to a text file. The executable, sorter, takes in a number parameter. I want to make it so that you can input as many number parameters into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running command in different shell

Hi All, Is there any way where we can run few commands with different shell in a shell script ? Let's have an example below, My first line in script reads below, #!/bin/sh However due to some limitation of "/bin/sh" shell I wanted to use "/bin/bash" while executing few... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Unix shell script to open Windows command prompt (cmd)

Hello, I work on Windows and I use Putty to access a remote UNIX server. I am trying to build a shell script that will have as main task to open the Windows command prompt (cmd) and run some Windows commands thereafter. The commands are actually file transfer commands that will download a file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie2785
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running an executable from bash prompt

Hi, I'm trying to run a program from the bash prompt and I don't understand why it is returning with an error. Dig is my C program, and it takes in parameters J4, detect, 3 and 0182F98E var1="cygdrive/c/2i/test fixture/software/mccdaqtest/debug/Dig J4 detect 3 0182F98E" when I do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oahmad
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)