Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script Post 302305887 by sanchay on Friday 10th of April 2009 04:34:15 AM
Old 04-10-2009
Looking at your output, it clearly says the usage of sqlplus option is not proper.

Try the following

sqlplus << EOF > o.txt
username/password
set linesize 1000
set head off

<your query goes here>

EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To create Flat Files using Unix Shell Script?

Hi all, How to create Flat Files using Unix Shell Script. The Script is supposed to be sheduled to run at a particular time? Thanks in advance Appu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent-extracting block data from flat file using shell script

Hi, I want to extract block of data from flat file. the data will be like this start of log One two three end of log i want all data between start of log to end of log i.e One two three to be copied to another file. This particular block may appear multiple times in same file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirish_cd
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle/SQLPlus help - ksh Script calling .sql file not 'pausing' at ACCEPT, can't figure out why

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls an Oracle SQL file who in turns call another SQL file. This same SQL file has to be run against the same database but using different username and password at each loop. The first SQL file is basically a connection test and it is supposed to sort... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute 10 sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script?

I am new to shell scripting and i want to know how to execute the *.sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script and files should be execute in sequentially one by one while execution if any ORA error it has to exit from sqlplus session 1) scripts from external folder 2) logs has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreekanth Reddy
1 Replies
MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)							 1							MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)

mysql_create_db - Create a MySQL database

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 4.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_query(3) o PDO::query bool mysql_create_db (string $database_name, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_create_db(3) attempts to create a new database on the server associated with the specified link identifier. o $database_name - The name of the database being created. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_create_db(3) alternative example The function mysql_create_db(3) is deprecated. It is preferable to use mysql_query(3) to issue an sql CREATE DATABASE statement instead. <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } $sql = 'CREATE DATABASE my_db'; if (mysql_query($sql, $link)) { echo "Database my_db created successfully "; } else { echo 'Error creating database: ' . mysql_error() . " "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Database my_db created successfully Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: mysql_createdb(3) Note This function will not be available if the MySQL extension was built against a MySQL 4.x client library. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)