Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script Post 302305881 by praka on Friday 10th of April 2009 03:37:32 AM
Old 04-10-2009
MySQL Creating flat file using SQLPLUS from UNIX Shell Script

I tried in command line also. I am getting the same thing again.
I executed the same sql query from command line. It's giving the output. but the flat file contains does not have any data.

The output flat file contains data as below

Usage: SQLPLUS [ [<option>] [<logon>] [<start>] ] where <option> ::= -H | -V | [ [-L] [-M <o>] [-R <n>] [-S] ]
<logon> ::= <username>[/<password>][@<connect_string>] | / | /NOLOG
<start> ::= @<URI>|<filename>[.<ext>] [<parameter> ...]
"-H" displays the SQL*Plus version banner and usage syntax
"-V" displays the SQL*Plus version banner
"-L" attempts log on just once
"-M <o>" uses HTML markup options <o>
"-R <n>" uses restricted mode <n>
"-S" uses silent mode

Pls help me to solve this problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To create Flat Files using Unix Shell Script?

Hi all, How to create Flat Files using Unix Shell Script. The Script is supposed to be sheduled to run at a particular time? Thanks in advance Appu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent-extracting block data from flat file using shell script

Hi, I want to extract block of data from flat file. the data will be like this start of log One two three end of log i want all data between start of log to end of log i.e One two three to be copied to another file. This particular block may appear multiple times in same file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirish_cd
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle/SQLPlus help - ksh Script calling .sql file not 'pausing' at ACCEPT, can't figure out why

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls an Oracle SQL file who in turns call another SQL file. This same SQL file has to be run against the same database but using different username and password at each loop. The first SQL file is basically a connection test and it is supposed to sort... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute 10 sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script?

I am new to shell scripting and i want to know how to execute the *.sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script and files should be execute in sequentially one by one while execution if any ORA error it has to exit from sqlplus session 1) scripts from external folder 2) logs has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreekanth Reddy
1 Replies
ECPG(1) 						  PostgreSQL Client Applications						   ECPG(1)

NAME
ecpg - embedded SQL C preprocessor SYNOPSIS
ecpg [ option... ] file... DESCRIPTION
ecpg is the embedded SQL preprocessor for C programs. It converts C programs with embedded SQL statements to normal C code by replacing the SQL invocations with special function calls. The output files can then be processed with any C compiler tool chain. ecpg will convert each input file given on the command line to the corresponding C output file. Input files preferrably have the extension .pgc, in which case the extension will be replaced by .c to determine the output file name. If the extension of the input file is not .pgc, then the output file name is computed by appending .c to the full file name. The output file name can also be overridden using the -o option. This reference page does not describe the embedded SQL language. See the PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide for that. OPTIONS
ecpg accepts the following command-line arguments: -c Automatically generate C code from SQL code. Currently, this works for EXEC SQL TYPE. -D symbol Define a C preprocessor symbol. -I directory Specify an additional include path, used to find files included via EXEC SQL INCLUDE. Defaults are . (current directory), /usr/local/include, the PostgreSQL include directory which is defined at compile time (default: /usr/local/pgsql/include), and /usr/include, in that order. -o filename Specifies that ecpg should write all its output to the given filename. -t Turn on autocommit of transactions. In this mode, each query is automatically committed unless it is inside an explicit transaction block. In the default mode, queries are committed only when EXEC SQL COMMIT is issued. -v Print additional information including the version and the include path. ---help Show a brief summary of the command usage, then exit. --version Output version information, then exit. NOTES
When compiling the preprocessed C code files, the compiler needs to be able to find the ECPG header files in the PostgreSQL include direc- tory. Therefore, one might have to use the -I option when invoking the compiler (e.g., -I/usr/local/pgsql/include). Programs using C code with embedded SQL have to be linked against the libecpg library, for example using the flags -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lecpg. The value of either of these directories that is appropriate for the installation can be found out using pg_config(1). EXAMPLES
If you have an embedded SQL C source file named prog1.pgc, you can create an executable program using the following sequence of commands: ecpg prog1.pgc cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -c prog1.c cc -o prog1 prog1.o -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lecpg SEE ALSO
PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide for a more detailed description of the embedded SQL interface Application 2002-11-22 ECPG(1)