Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cisco Mac Question
Operating Systems Solaris Cisco Mac Question Post 302305578 by zaxxon on Thursday 9th of April 2009 09:16:51 AM
Old 04-09-2009
Awful long but works:
Code:
echo "0:1c:c9:2a:b6:77"| tr -s ':' '\n'|  sed 's/^.$/0&/'| tr -d '\n'| sed 's/\(....\)\(....\)\(....\)/\1\.\2\.\3\n/g'
001c.c92a.b677

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX question

Hi. Is it possible to execute a Cocoa (or Carbon or eaven a classic) program for mac OSX in the terminal window? OSX finder can sometimes be so busy that it wont respond for several minutes, ie if you are uploading a very big file/files to a afp server. Then it would have been nice to start... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac os question

i would like to ask those who know of the subject to please answer this question. could it be possible to somehow run mac os x in a newly built computer of mine. the computer i made myself (a clone) and it runs linux just nicely. would there be some way to emulate mac os x to be compatible for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChildrenoftheOS
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X Question

I've looked at all the forums here, and could not find my answer! I don't use a Mac, But have Played with OS X. It is Unix based I know that, but can you Install all the free programs like you can on *BSD and Lunix? MacIain (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MacIain
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Unix/Mac OS question

Hope someone can help give me a clue what is going on here, I work in a Macintosh computer lab in a college institution and currently we run Mac G4's with what is becoming dated software but everything has been fine until recently, when a new student purchased a new Mac G5 system in order to do her... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kd4rmm
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)