Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers adding text from a file to the top of the file Post 302305563 by zaxxon on Thursday 9th of April 2009 08:32:45 AM
Old 04-09-2009
Why that? Is there no space in the filesystems left? I have only solutions with at least having a temp file in the process, that you can mv to the filename you desire.
Else you might want to write a C program or maybe it could be done with Perl, idk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED- Insert text at top of file

Does anyone know how to insert text at the top and bottom of a file using sed? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert text into top of file

how would you insert text into a existing file using aguments first arguments being the line of text and the second argument being file name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimbob
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting adding text to top of file

Hi this is quite simple i am sure but without using awk or sed i need to add text to the top of a file this is what i have got so far #!bin/bash echo "Add text to top of file" read line echo $line >> file1 This adds the text to the bottom of the file can some1 please help cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meadhere
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding specific text and spaces to each line in a text file

Hi, I wanted to add specific text to each row in a text file containing three rows. Example: 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8 9 0 7 9 7 8 9 0 1 2 And I want to add a 21 at the beginning of the first row, and blank spaces at the beginning of the second two rows. To get this: 21 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending text on top of another file

Dear All, I have two files One is script file in which I am writing commands to append a text in a normal file. I want to insert the text on top of the file. I dont want to use sed and awk commands nor temp file. is it possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjali
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding text to a file

Hi All I am making a script in which.I have a problem i try to discribe. File1 content need to be append in file 2 but such as if content already exist then dont add. File1 IS Like this myname yourname hername hisname File2 %AddNameHere myname yourname hername hisname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text into file

Hello, I after some assistance please. Below is a file I need to read and for each line write an output. My input file looks like this 2 20008 2003-08-26 2 20032 2003-08-26 2 20041 2003-08-26 2 20037 2003-08-26 2 20050 2003-08-26 6 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing line in text file adding number to value in file

I have a text file that has data like: Data "12345#22" Fred ID 12345 Age 45 Wilma Dino Data "123#22" Tarzan ID 123 Age 33 Jane I need to figure out a way of adding 1,000,000 to the specific lines (always same format) in the file, so it becomes: Data "1012345#22" Fred ID... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing top line of text in a file and setting it to a variable

If I have a txt file with test.txt somelineoftext and I want to set that line of text to variable in a script: so #!/bin/bash var='' becomes #!/bin/bash var='somelineoftext' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
3 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3X11), XcmsConvertColors(3X11), XcmsCreateCCC(3X11), XcmsDefaultCCC(3X11), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)