Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root Filesystem
Operating Systems Solaris Root Filesystem Post 302304767 by sbk1972 on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 09:03:02 AM
Old 04-07-2009
Many of the systems I work on are still 0-root 1-swap. Perfectly cool way still.

SBK

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Move root filesystem to other slice

Hi, df -h display: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.8G 8.1G 1.7G 84% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% /etc/mnttab fd 0K 0K 0K 0% /dev/fd swap 1.0G 152K 1.0G 1% /var/run swap 1.1G 24M 1.0G 3% /tmp /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 57G 13G 43G 24%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a way to have a portable filesystem (or mounting without root)

I have a free software project I'm working on that provides portable versions of Linux applications capable of being carried around on removable media, with settings and documents traveling along. While developing the portable launcher, I fell into a problem: FAT32 partitions do not support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkulchenko
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

6. Linux

Encrypt already install root filesystem

All, Is there a way to encrypt my Ubuntu root HD after installation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

8. Linux

root filesystem goes readonly

I see this when tried to create a dir using root fstab entries are pretty normal tried to remount with rw but it is still the same block device /dev/sda2 is write-protected ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:51 PM ---------- fstab entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)