Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements Post 302304758 by incredible on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 08:49:00 AM
Old 04-07-2009
use a serial connector to your notebook or PC, connect it to Serial Port A.. Left most from the rear.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Weird behavior on a Sun Fire V120 running solaris 10.

All, After a power loss I went to power on our sun fire v120 that is running solaris 10 and now it will not boot. I tried power cycling it from the lom and pulling the cord but nothing works. All it does is after a power cycle it will start to boot and then start to spit out a bunch of hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 upgrade on Sun Fire 3800

Hello there! I have Sun Fire 3800 with very old Solaris 9 and I need to perform upgrade to concurrent Solaris 10 version, preserving current OS configuration. I supose to make it using Live Upgrade, but according to Solaris Live Upgrade Software: Minimum Patch Requirements page, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Firmware password Solaris Sun Fire v440

Hi: I bougth an used Sun Fire v440, and It have a firmware password. When I turn on the server, it ask for firmware password. (I don 't know what is the correct password). I can access to SC, but when I want to access to OBP, Firmware Password appears again. I remove the battery for two hours,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mguazzardo
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] DCMU (disk control and monitor utility) sun fire

Hi , during 2 weeks i´ve been trying to find them. i need DCMU packets for managing internal disks on sun fire x4500 and sun fire x4600 on rhel. i have opened to tickets to myoraclesupport but no answer. please anybody could tell me a link or anythiing?? i´ve been searching and searching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Couldn't upgrade Solaris 10 x86 from Sun Fire x2200 to Dell Precision Wrkst

:)Dear Solaris Experts, I need to clone a Solaris 10 x86 system using a ufsdump backup from the following source & target servers: Sun Fire x2200 M2 with Quad Core Processor # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag System Configuration: Sun Microsystems Sun Fire X2200 M2 with Quad Core... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Removing a disk from SUN Fire V440 running Solaris 8

Hi, I have a SUN Fire V440 server running Solaris 8. One of the 4 disks do not appear when issued the format command. The "ready to remove" LED is not on either. Metastat command warns that this disk "Needs maintenace". Can I just shutdown and power off the machine and then insert an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Echo68
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
sf880drd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sf880drd(1M)

NAME
sf880drd - Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon SYNOPSIS
sf880drd DESCRIPTION
The Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon, sf880drd, is part of the PCI and system bus hotplug framework. sf880drd starts at boot time. It has no configuration options and does not report any system status. sf880drd implements the Sun Fire 880 console-less system administration (per-slot pushbuttons and LED status indicators). It also manages various aspects of CPU/memory hotplug. FILES
/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-880/lib/sf880drd ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsfdr.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_pci(1M), cfgadm_sbd(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The sf880drd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4u/sf880drd Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 13 Aug 2004 sf880drd(1M)