Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Checking mem usage at specific times in a program Post 302304201 by pl4u on Sunday 5th of April 2009 05:26:05 PM
Old 04-05-2009
Hey thanks for the reply Jim,

The compute node that I'm running the simulator on is running a recent Ubuntu 64 bit version. Running uname -a yields:

Linux power1 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Aug 20 17:53:40 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I was not aware of the XOPEN thing. When I did man getrusage, the information didn't say anything about XOPEN. Is this specific to UNIX?
I only did a man getrusage, is there someplace else I should be looking?

Thanks again,

Paul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference in Mem usage ?

Hi All, I have a pair of sun ultra 5_10 with SunOS 5.5.1. Both are almost equally patched and set up with simillar applications. host# uname -a SunOS host 5.5.1 Generic_103640-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Even though both have same amount of RAM ( 512 Mb ) , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use $1 several times in shell program?

Hi, I am new to Unix and shell programming. I am trying to write a shell program to read 4 variables from command line. For example, Please enter your name: somebody Please enter your address: address plase enter your phone: phone I'd like to save all threee variables in my program for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Mem Usage

What is amount of free RAM i have now? total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 1010 963 46 0 215 256 -/+ buffers/cache: 491 518 Swap: 1983 0 1983 Above is the output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

4. Gentoo

cpu%/mem% usage, scripting, dzen2: howto learn bash the hard way

I am trying to write a small (and rather simple) script to gather some info about the system and piping it to dzen2 first, i want to explain some things. I know i could have used conky, but my intention was to expand my knowledge of bash, pipes and redirections inside a script, and to have fun... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Run a program many times

Hi I'm running a program many times with differents input. I mean that i run my_prog with some parameters and i wait till the end, then i start again another simulations with some others differents parameters. Is possible to make it automatic with a script bash. Maybe i need some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for higher usage and mark it

Hi Gurus, I'm using HPUX B.11.23 U ia64 with sh shell. Is it possible to insert a word "Warning" in the end of this line if there is high percentage? For example: if the percentage is higher than 80%? Sample data: /dev/vgsap/TEST1 /oracle/TST/TEST1 9.89 GB 8.37 GB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compare times to run a program - Serial vs MPI

Hi, I have a fortran program with serial and MPI version. I want to compare the time taken by these programs to run. I use ifort/gfortran compiler. How to compare the time taken by each program to run? Is there any sample code for comparison? Thanks, rpd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpd25
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell program- how many times a function is called

We have a program source C and is required to indicate how many times each function is called from the C program. also print the line number where there is a call. I've tried something like this: #!/bin/sh for i in $*;do if ! then echo $i is not a C file. else echo $i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oana06
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help creating a timestamp script to record mem usage

Hi, I'm looking into doing a few performance tweaks by adjusting my max memory on a few lpars. I would to create a time stamp script so i could review it for a week and determine how much space i can lower my max memory to so i could reclaim and allocate that memory to where it is needed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies
MORSE(1)							       MORSE								  MORSE(1)

NAME
morse - A robotics simulator based upon the Blender Game Engine SYNOPSIS
morse [command] [options] DESCRIPTION
Morse, the Modular OpenRobots Simulation Engine, uses the Blender Game Engine to provide a general purpose robot simulator. A robot and its environment are defined in Morse by creating a model in Blender. Actuator and sensor objects are attached to a model, and may be inter- acted with via a variety of middleware protocols. Simulations can be programmed via Python scripts or inside of Blender itself. Currently supported middleware includes YARP, MOOS, ROS, Pocoslibs, as well as a plain socket interface. COMMANDS
[None] Launches the simulator interface with a default scene create filename Creates a new empty scene and launches the simulator interface run filename Runs a simulation without loading the simulator interface exec filename Runs the given Python script with a default scene check Checks the environment is correctly setup to run morse help Displays information regarding the program version Displays the version number SEE ALSO
morseexec(1) blender(1) COPYRIGHT
2009-2010, LAAS-CNRS/ONERA ; 2010-2012, LAAS-CNRS 0.5.2 May 14, 2012 MORSE(1)