Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Firewall / Network isolation inquiry Post 302304181 by septima.pars on Sunday 5th of April 2009 12:59:58 PM
Old 04-05-2009
Hello,

I am curious about this issue ...

Is there some kind of gateway device being used? (as in dedicated for traffic "shaping"?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uniX iNQUIry from a newbie

hi, i would like to study unix but i don't have the software for me to test the scripts that i read from the book and from the internet. I would like to ask anyones help to please tell me link wer i can download for free the unix system. I would be glad to receive your replies. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: youdexter
2 Replies

2. Programming

Performance inquiry...guestimate better approach

So, I've been told and heard a million times that malloc and free are expensive calls to be avoided. So many times I avoid malloc by reusing already allocated memory blocks. Store them on free lists somewhere myself and don't call free when I know malloc will be called very shortly thereafter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Offline Agents Inquiry.

Hello, I currently use Solaris, and typically I use the svcs -a | grep PROCESS to see if it's online or Offline. My questions is SVCS is in solaris but if I want to find out if a daemon or process is offline what other methods can I use? ps -ef | grep PROCESS "what do I look for" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

command to check value of autocommit and isolation level

Hi, Pls let me know command to get following: 1. how to check current value of autocommit 2. how to check current value of isolation level I am using mysql-5.0.26 on unix -Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to change isolation level to READ COMMITTED

Hi, I am using perl DBI and mysql-5.0.26 on unix. Could you please let me know or point to source on how to set isolation level to READ COMMITTED . ~Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam04
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX inquiry for 'awk'

Hello Everyone, May I ask for your help regarding one of the UNIX command “awk”. So I executed a script and the output looks like this (see below): output.txt CONTRACTNAME ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven_huskie
3 Replies
networks(4)							   File Formats 						       networks(4)

NAME
networks - network name database SYNOPSIS
/etc/inet/networks /etc/networks DESCRIPTION
The networks file is a local source of information regarding the networks which comprise the Internet. The networks file can be used in conjunction with, or instead of, other networks sources, including the NIS maps networks.byname and networks.byaddr and the NIS+ table networks. Programs use the getnetbyname(3SOCKET) routines to access this information. The network file has a single line for each network, with the following information: official-network-name network-number aliases Items are separated by any number of SPACE or TAB characters. A `#' indicates the beginning of a comment. Characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. This file is normally created from the official network database maintained at the Network Information Control Center (NIC), though local changes may be required to bring it up to date regarding unofficial aliases and/or unknown networks. Network numbers may be specified in the conventional dot (`.') notation using the inet_network routine from the Internet address manipula- tion library, inet(7P). Network names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, NEWLINE, or comment character. SEE ALSO
getnetbyaddr(3SOCKET), getnetbyname(3SOCKET), inet(3SOCKET), nsswitch.conf(4), inet(7P) NOTES
The official SVR4 name of the networks file is /etc/inet/networks. The symbolic link /etc/networks exists for BSD compatibility. The network number in networks database is the host address shifted to the right by the number of 0 bits in the address mask. For example, for the address 24.132.47.86 that has a mask of fffffe00, its network number is 803351. This is obtained when the address is shifted right by 9 bits. The address maps to 12.66.23. The trailing 0 bits should not be specified. The network number here is different from that described in netmasks(4). For this example, the entry in netmasks would be 24.132.46.0 fffffe00. SunOS 5.10 17 Jan 2002 networks(4)