Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system Post 302303936 by amitranjansahu on Saturday 4th of April 2009 01:11:24 AM
Old 04-04-2009
du -sk * | sort -nr | head -5

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How much space I am consuming?

Hi i want to know if many users are logging in system then how would i know that how much space in system i am consuming.. Thanks Vijay sahu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress the file name when we check for disk space

How to supress the file name when we check for disk space ? I used this command : du -ks /home/dir1/dir2/file.csv it returns 13 /home/dir1/dir2/file.csv Please explain the options too (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to find the disk usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space

Hi All, I have written a script to check the file system usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space.Please check whether the script is corrcet #Script Starts here #!/usr/local/bin/perl #Program to find the disk space and to delete the older files #Checks the type of OS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkarthick
8 Replies

6. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

7. AIX

No space in the file system

A file system has reached 100%. I have tried adding space using chfs -a size=+100 command to that file system. However, the % used is not decreasing from 100%. Is there a way to add more space? Also, can someone suggest a script to send a mail alert when a file system is reaching 90%. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Files consuming more space in HP-UX

Hi, Could you please provide OS command to find large files in size MB and GB... under specific directory in HP-UX? Regards, Maddy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Use 'dd' to copy boot disk to larger target disk

Hi, I'm looking to copy a boot disk on an old Solaris 8 system using dd. I'll bring the system down to single user mode and begin from there. I'm copying my source disk to a larger target disk. Do I need to do anything other than the 'dd' command below because the target disk is bigger? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies
acctsuspend(5)							File Formats Manual						    acctsuspend(5)

NAME
acctsuspend, acctresume - suspend and resume accounting when available disk space reaches threshold VALUES
Failsafe Default. Default acctsuspend: acctresume: Allowed values acctresume: acctsuspend: Recommended values acctsuspend: acctresume: (But more than acctsuspend) DESCRIPTION
The and tunables control when accounting stops and resumes due to disk space constraints. When free disk space on the file system being used by accounting reaches the suspension threshold, which is the percentage relative to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser, accounting is suspended until such time as the free disk space reaches the resumption threshold, which is the percentage rela- tive to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser. Note: Since the and values are specified relative to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser, negative values of these parameters can make sense. For example, if the superuser has reserved 10 percent of the disk space on the file system at file system creation time, and acctsuspend is -5 and acctresume is 0, the suspension threshold will be 5 percent of the total disk space and the resumption threshold will be 10 percent of the total disk space. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone using accounting. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? Increasing either variable should be considered when it is necessary to maintain a higher percentage of free space on the accounting filesystem. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value of This Tunable? The higher either value is, the less accounting data may be captured. The further the values are separated, the greater the amount of potentially lost accounting data. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If additional disk space is needed for accounting data, and it cannot be obtained by moving files off of the filesystem, then the value of should be lowered. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value of This Tunable? Filesystem performance (writing accounting records) decreases as the filesystem fills up. In turn, this will decrease the overall perfor- mance of accounting processes. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? When changing either of these tunables, both should be considered. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
accton(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters acctsuspend(5)