Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9 Post 302303627 by rahmantanko on Friday 3rd of April 2009 06:20:31 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all,
Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris.
Any help will be appreciated. thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

automatic copying files from external hard drives

I need to make it possible to automatically copy files from an external usb hard drive to a directory when i plug it in....if you can point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful....thanks a lot. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backman4sakn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Mounting USB NTFS External Disk R/W on OSX

Does anyone know an easy way to mount an NTFS (NT File System) external backup drive R/W on OSX? I use one backup drive for both my XP and OSX files via a USB interface. On XP it mounts R/W. On OSX it mounts Read Only :-( I'm growing weary of using flash drives and burning CDs to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

external USb hard disk reading problem

Hello, I am facing a hard disk drive reading problem since last one month and not able to resolve it. The thing is I purchased external USB hard disk (seagate 40 gb) 2 years back.And uptil now its working perfectly fine. But suddenly one day I am not able to read my data. The problem goes like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albertspade
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 through an external DVD drive through the USB port...

Is there a way to install Solaris 10 x86 with an external DVD drive that connects through the USB port? I would think I would run GRUB off of a floppy disk and somehow use that to make it look to the USB port to boot from but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 10 errors mount external usb Harddisk zfs on a nas without cdrom

Hi, I try to mount an external USB HD on a solaris 10 without any success. Machine hardware: i86pc OS version: 5.10 Processor type: i386 Hardware: i86pc The HD is a zfs, but I installed this with a Ubuntu 8.10. iostat -En displays this: --> so the system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edubidu
0 Replies

7. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

8. Solaris

USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi- I would like to know if anyone has used any USB External Hard Drive, about 500/750GB or 1TB, with any of the Solaris 10 "SPARC" systems. Not on intel nor amd platform. I'm looking for the compatible drive and found a few listed on Sun solaris ready page, but I'd like to have inputs from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agfa_109
3 Replies

9. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to automatically mount external usb hard disk

hi all, I have a debian lenny 5.0 server without GNOME installed. the server is at a customer's premise. I want to backup data from the server to the external usb hard disk. the backup will start at e.g 01:00 everyday. the user will plug the drive before going home. also the user will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies
usb-devices(1)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(1)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primarily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-005 23 June 2009 usb-devices(1)