Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to avaoid the respawn
Operating Systems Solaris How to avaoid the respawn Post 302303420 by seg on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 02:48:54 PM
Old 04-02-2009
svcadm disable {service name}

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

java process does not respawn

Hi, I am working on Solaris 8 on sunblade 150 machine.I have a java code jar file which I have configured in inittab to respawn.When I kill the process as per the respawn property the new process id gets generated.If I keep killing the process after 4-5 tries the process does not respawn.Sometimes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Respawn httpd using init

How to auto restart httpd(apache) with inittab respawn? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies
rpc.rstatd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    rpc.rstatd(1M)

NAME
rpc.rstatd, rstatd - kernel statistics server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/rstat/rpc.rstatd DESCRIPTION
rpc.rstatd is a server which returns performance statistics obtained from the kernel. rup(1) uses rpc.rstatd to collect the uptime informa- tion that it displays. rpc.rstatd is an RPC service. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rup(1), svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.rstatd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/rstat:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 4 Nov 2004 rpc.rstatd(1M)