Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date -d nightmare on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris date -d nightmare on Solaris Post 302303338 by vgersh99 on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 11:34:51 AM
Old 04-02-2009
Double posting is not allowed by the forum rules.
Thread closed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Viewcvs...a nightmare on HP-UX!!!

Hello I'm new on this forum but I have a big problem. I've installed Subversion 1.1.1 and Apache 2.0.52 on a HP-UX. This is the uname: HP-UX xxxx B.11.11 U 9000/800 4169945236 unlimited-user license Now I must to install a software to browse the svn repositories. My choice is Viewcvs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goblin79
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Chunked-FullNames Nightmare

I've got a problem i'm hoping other more experienced programmers have had to deal with sometime in their careers and can help me: how to get fullnames that were chunked together into one field in an old database into separate more meaningful fields. I'd like to get the records that nicely fit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing apache (nightmare for me)

Please help... i'm new to this job and new to unix as well..... i'm trying to install apache 2.2.6 it's installed on one server... i need to install it on another server... my clue was to maybe use the fetch command... please help.....for example..... apache is on 69.50.132.14.... and it needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marinob007
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is unix really such a nightmare... or is it me?

i rue the day that my server manager and i parted company... the start of a long journey.... :( sometimes i find myself daydreaming about the days when i could say... "this dont work, can u fix it?".... and 2 mins later it worked! i have a new way of "cursing" at ppls.... i just say "failed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickeymouse
10 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD nightmare!!!

Dear friends out there, i hope u'll have enough time to read this problem of mine and try to help me solve it. well, i've been a long time user of microsoft products and happened to come across FreeBSD when one fellow referred me to it saying that it was a wonderful OS which one could use for web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenyatta
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp nightmare

Hi everyone I have a Fedora FTP server (lets call it FTP-SERVER1) and files are constantly being uploaded to it from a 3rd party. Once every 15 minutes I need to "move" the files from the FTP server to another server (lets call it SVR-WINDOWS) where it will be processed and then deleted. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualizing SCO v5 - interesting project/nightmare, could use some help

same old story, we have an important very old app running on SCO 5, box is only on LAN and as such was never updated by anyone etc.. box is nearing its end of life in a bad way (currently experiencing some SCSI issues) and it's time to do something when good advice of "lets upgrade" for years was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mc18
1 Replies

8. Solaris

AI server corporate nightmare

Hello Ex-Sun fellows, i've been tasked to install a bran spanking new AI Solaris 11.1 server for our Oracle park. With the documentation this is what's running and what's working. T5120 2 oracle VM's (one ldom on each disk) One with a Solaris 11.1 repo, AI server. One for testing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)