Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to avaoid the respawn
Operating Systems Solaris How to avaoid the respawn Post 302303330 by kalpeer on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 11:16:57 AM
Old 04-02-2009
How to avaoid the respawn

Hi All,

I have started my processes through SMF functionality.
It gets started successfully.

But when I kill my processes, it's getting restarted. But in Solaris 9 and below if I kill it will not get restarted.
In Solaris 10 it should not get restarted L
How can I perform the operation similar to Solaris 10 and below?
Please help me in solving this issue.

Regards,
Kalai

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

java process does not respawn

Hi, I am working on Solaris 8 on sunblade 150 machine.I have a java code jar file which I have configured in inittab to respawn.When I kill the process as per the respawn property the new process id gets generated.If I keep killing the process after 4-5 tries the process does not respawn.Sometimes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Respawn httpd using init

How to auto restart httpd(apache) with inittab respawn? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)