Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help Question about Excel Files and Unix Post 302303040 by arnab1978 on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 05:11:10 PM
Old 04-01-2009
Please help Question about Excel Files and Unix

Hello

I have an excel file , it has 4 tabs , each having specific details
for example it has a customer tab , it has a payments tab and it has an address tab

Question is

How do I seperate each of these tabs and load them into 3 different excel files Using Unix

That is the customer tab has to be converted into an excel called customer.xls , the payments tab has to be converted to an excel called payments.xls and the address tab into address.xls

I will apppreciate any help regarding this

Thank You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Excel in Unix

Hi, How can i create an excel sheet in Unix? Actually i need the data from the tables into the excel sheet. Please let me know. Regards, Puspendu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exporting files from unix to Excel sheet

How can we export a file in unix with certain number of columns to an excel sheet. It's very useful in time saving...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help on Excel with Unix

Hi, My client uploads an Excel file on to Unix server by using web application with more than 20 columns and more than 60000 records in it. I have to check the data in each cell when the file arrived. Is is possible to check the data in cells by running unix script? or Is there any way to convert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireeshp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add multiple .csv files as sheets to an excel file in unix.

Hi, I am using Solaris 8. My script outputs 4 .csv files. Currently I am SFTPing the files and creating a new excel file with the 4 files as sheets. Can anyone suggest ways to do this in UNIX ? Thanks, David. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple excel files processing on unix

Hi all, I am faced with a rather unusual problem regarding interaction between NT and UNIX. I am using an ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool on unix that has the capability to read .xls files. So, when I FTP an excel (.xls) file from a windows server to unix and attempt to read it with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ucode_2482
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Differentiate between MS Word and Excel files in Unix

Hi, I want to differentiate between a MS Word and Excel file in Unix (not by extension). The condition which we are currently checking for is the pattern "\320\317\021\340" within first 40 bytes of the file. However this format is same in all MS Office files. Can somebody tell me any special... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatak_rajan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to get 5 unix files in 5 different tabs in a single excel

Hi All I need to put 5 different files from Unix box in 5 different tabs in a single excel. For this, I need to code only using Unix. Kindly help me on this. ---------- Post updated at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:24 AM ---------- Hi All I need to put 5 different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: misssrinivasan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex data sorting in excel files or text files

Dear all, I have a complex data file shown below,,,,, A_ABCD_13208 0 0 4.16735 141044 902449 1293900 168919 C_ABCD_13208 0 0 4.16735 141044 902449 1293900 168919 A_ABCDEF715 52410.9 18598.2 10611 10754.7 122535 252426 36631.4 C_DBCDI_1353 0... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies
XmTabListRemoveTabs(library call)										 XmTabListRemoveTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListRemoveTabs -- A convenience function that removes noncontiguous tabs SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListRemoveTabs( XmTabList oldlist, Cardinal *position_list, Cardinal position_count); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListRemoveTabs removes noncontiguous tabs from a tab list. The function creates a new tab list by copying the contents of oldlist and removing all tabs whose corresponding positions appear in the position_list array. A warning message is displayed if a specified position is invalid; for example, if the value is a number greater than the number of tabs in the tab list. tablist Specifies the tab list. The function deallocates oldlist and the tabs it contains after extracting the required information. position_list Specifies an array of the tab positions to be removed. The position of the first tab in the list is 0 (zero), the position of the second tab is 1, and so on. position_count Specifies the number of elements in the position_list. RETURN
If oldlist or position_list is NULL, or position_count is 0 (zero), returns oldlist. Otherwise, this function returns the new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The applica- tion can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListRemoveTabs(library call)