Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with nmon utility
Operating Systems AIX Help with nmon utility Post 302302786 by harika_ya on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 03:24:59 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Hi

Can i use NMON on Linux? please tell me where can i download this installable for Linux.

Also is IBM is supporting Nmon on Linux as well?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

nmon utility download

Can anyone let me know where could I download a copy of nmon. IBM site has removed that nmon from downloading.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
2 Replies

2. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

5. AIX

Nmon tool

How to analyze nmon output or is there any tool for analyzing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

6. AIX

Nmon tool

Hi All, I have a p550 server with 4 proc. But when i run nmon analyzer in cpu_sum it show 5 processors cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4. Why it is showing 5 processors. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

7. AIX

nmon in aix

Hi, I want to know how to use nmon in aix? I have donwloaded nmon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

9. AIX

Please Help With NMON Data

Hi guys, I am an Oracle DBA and I have an account with some databases on an AIX 5.3 server. I am trying to figure out if I really need to add memory to this box or not, the account team keeps pushing me to make a decision and I don't want to waste their money if I don't need to right now, we could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibbsbitt
4 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies
GETGID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 GETGID(2)

NAME
getgid, getegid - get group identity SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> gid_t getgid(void); gid_t getegid(void); DESCRIPTION
getgid() returns the real group ID of the calling process. getegid() returns the effective group ID of the calling process. ERRORS
These functions are always successful. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, 4.3BSD. NOTES
The original Linux getgid() and getegid() system calls supported only 16-bit group IDs. Subsequently, Linux 2.4 added getgid32() and gete- gid32(), supporting 32-bit IDs. The glibc getgid() and getegid() wrapper functions transparently deal with the variations across kernel versions. SEE ALSO
getresgid(2), setgid(2), setregid(2), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 GETGID(2)