Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware? Post 302302694 by Advice Pro on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 04:17:26 PM
Old 03-31-2009
What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Running MS-windows GUI from unix/linux

Hi i need some help , i would like to run a GUI application on windows from unix i dont need to see the gui just to activate it from remote . it shoud be from CLI on the unix . thanks GUY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koreng
1 Replies

2. Linux

Running Linux File Manager on Windows XP

OK: apologies (well) in advance if this is as stupid a question as it gets. I need to change the 'owner' on certain files and folders within my Linux web hosting account. Unfortunately I use Windows XP and now need some kind of Windows application that can open a window within XP that lets me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boa Prinz
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

controlling tool running on Linux VM fron Windows

I have a virtual machine with RedHat. It has a command-line tool X that takes an input file + some control parameters, performs some processing and generates some input files. I have a Windows XP/Server 2003 box where an app Y is running. What I need to do is to control X from Y. That is, given an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilyaz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Linux Script from Windows

forgive me if i am posting this question in wrong forum. I have a rsync script that runs on one server for rsync with another server (both linux) . Now I want to get control of that script from my windows 7 machine. Means I want to run that script from my windows machine whenever i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HarryReid
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sys headers - running Linux C code on windows

Hi All, I wanted to run a small socket application written in C on windows. The code was written for GNU/linux..the compiler on windows CodeBlocks complains about the sys headers. is there an equivalent for windows ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Catalyst::Manual::Deployment(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment - Deploying Catalyst DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS
Catalyst applications are most often deployed as a FastCGI or mod_perl application (with FastCGI being the recommended option). However, as Catalyst is based on the PSGI specification, any web handler implementing that specification can be used to run Catalyst applications. This documentation most thoroughly covers the normal and traditional deployment options, but will mention alternate methods of deployment, and we welcome additional documentation from people deploying Catalyst in non-standard environments. Deployment in a shared hosting environment Almost all shared hosting environments involve deploying Catalyst as a FastCGI application on Apache. You will usually want to have a set of libraries specific to your application installed on your shared host. Full details of deploying Catalyst in a shared hosting environment are at Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::SharedHosting. FastCGI FastCGI is the most common Catalyst deployment option. It is documented generally in Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI, and there are specific instructions for using FastCGI with common web servers below: Apache Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::FastCGI nginx Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::nginx::FastCGI lighttpd Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::lighttpd::FastCGI Microsoft IIS Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::IIS::FastCGI mod_perl Traditionally a common deployment option for dedicated applications, mod_perl has some advantages and disadvantages over FastCGI. Use of mod_perl is documented in Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::mod_perl. Development Server It is possible to deploy the Catalyst development server behind a reverse proxy. This may work well for small-scale applications which are in an early development phase, but which you want to be able to show to people. See Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::DevelopmentServer. PSGI Catalyst can be deployed with any PSGI-compliant handler. See Catalyst::PSGI for more information; a list of possible deployment servers are shown below: Starman Starman is a high-performance Perl server implementation, which is designed to be used directly (rather than behind a reverse proxy). It includes HTTP/1.1 support, chunked requests and responses, keep-alive, and pipeline requests. Starlet Starlet is a standalone HTTP/1.0 server with keepaXXalive support which is suitable for running HTTP application servers behind a reverse proxy. Twiggy Twiggy is a high-performance asynchronous web server. It can be used in conjunction with Catalyst, but there are a number of caveats which mean that it is not suitable for most deployments. Chef <LChef|http://www.opscode.com/chef/> is an open-source systems integration framework built specifically for automating cloud computing deployments. A Cookbooks demonstrating how to deploy a Catalyst application using Chef is available at <http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/catalyst> and http://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/wiki/Catalyst-cookbook-intro <http://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/wiki/Catalyst-cookbook-intro>. AUTHORS
Catalyst Contributors, see Catalyst.pm COPYRIGHT
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Catalyst::Manual::Deployment(3pm)