Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login Shell
Operating Systems HP-UX Login Shell Post 302302175 by radoulov on Monday 30th of March 2009 09:30:35 AM
Old 03-30-2009
Code:
ps -p$$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standard login shell

Hello By default for root the login shell is /bin/sh. In the file /etc/passwd I changed it to /bin/bash. (/bin/bash does exists!) After I logged out and in again I still have /bin/sh as the shell and not /bin/bash. Are the more files to be edited? I am using SCO-Unix. I am thankfull for any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

cannot login after changing login shell

Hello Everyone, I am a newbie in unix. I was practicing shell scripts on hp unix machine. I changed my current login shell (Korn) to Bourne shell giving the following command. $ chsh username /usr/bash I am using secure shell client for accessing the hp ux server. After which i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hardesh
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get bash to be the login shell?

Is there a way to edit a .profile file that would let a user have bash as their login shell? We tried adding: exec /bin/bash --login to the .profile, but this produced an endless loop and we could not login using that account. Thanks! Aaron (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login as SU anymore - SU: NO SHELL

the root shell has been changed in the file /etc/passwd, basically pointing to an incorrect directory. So now every time we login as 'su' I get the message 'su: no shell' so we can't login as superuser. Is there an easy way to rectify this? please use step by step instructions/commands - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homechoice
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

login from a shell script?????

Any help on this ..... its a bit urgent !!!! Hi Can anybody provide info about the following??? i want to issue su (switch user) command from within a shell script how to take the password without user intervention from the shell script only???? i.e using apssword which is already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to Start a Shell as Login shell instead of ordinary shell

Hi I tried with bash --login option. but the output is siva:~$ bash --login siva:~$ is there any way to make the shell ask for user id and password ( and login as different user instead of using sudo / su ) Thx in advance Siva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login with Shell Script.

Dear All, I need to create a shell script which will login to a unix system with user root. I also need to supply the password for root through script only instead of entering it manually. After i am logged in to the system i need to excute all the necessary commands. so far i have done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is login and interactive shell?

Hi Guys, Excuse if am asking silly Que ... :rolleyes: Please explain me whats difference between login and interactive shell in Linux .. Have googled but still in doubt .. :confused: --Shirish Shukla (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which of the following command displays your login shell in bash shell?

Options:: A)$shell B)echo $ bash C)echo $ O D)$ O (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghugowda
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script as login shell (passing args to login shell)

Hello all, for security reasons my compagny imposes that my script be launch remotly via ssh under the users login shell. So serverA launches the ssh command to serverB which has a local user with my script as a login shell. Local script works like a charm on his own. serverB$ grep... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
20 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)