Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending mail from perl using mailx Post 302300625 by BubbaJoe on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 03:29:44 PM
Old 03-24-2009
The issue is your using single quotes so it is not interpreting your variables. Change the single quotes to double quotes and try escaping the double quotes in the command line like \". So the line might read

system("uuencode /attach/test.txt test.txt | mailx -s \"Control File\" -r abc@mno.com xyz@mno.com");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail using perl through windows

Hi all this is the code which i tried executing in windows environment to send a test mail. # Perl script to send mail on deliver complete. package SendMail; use Config; use Mail::Send; @ISA = qw(Mail::Send); sub open { my $me = shift; my $how; # How to send mail my $notused; my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorvvk
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx

while trying to send a mail, though the output file doesn't contain any exclamatory mark(!), i am getting that in the mail with an extra line. please help me out from this ASAP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail using mailx command

Hi All, Please help me regarding sending mails using mailx command in unix. I will be glad if some one give me the sintax of this. I tried using the below but vain. mailx -s 'Hi' 'xyz@abc.com' Regards, Manas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using mailx instead of mail in perl program

I have a perl program that uses the mail program to send emails. It works fine but because I want to change the return address on the emails to be different I need to use mailx with the "-r" option. the problem is when I change this line to use mailx I no longer recieve "any" emails. This works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail using Mailx with data from oracle table

Hi, i need to send emails to the mail ids i receive using the sql query . SELECT L.ALARM_DEF,L.CRITERIA,L.DISTANCE_METRE,L.EMAIL,L.LAC_ID,L.LAST_CHECK,L.RANGE, L.RESOURCE_MSISDN,LM.ADDRESS,LM.NAME FROM LANDMARK_ALARM_CONF l, LANDMARK lm WHERE L.LANDMARK_ID=LM.LANDMARK_ID AND... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx command

Hi I need help to send mail through mailx command . Currenlt my program is like #!/bin/ksh -x echo " " >> path.lst MAIL_LIST='someone1@gamil.com someone2@gamil.com someone3@gamil.com' cat path.lst | mailx -s "path loaction" $MAIL_LIST echo "End" exit 0 Its work fine . But i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s not sending the file to mail address

Hi All, OS:Red Hat Linux 4 86x64 Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient: #!/bin/bash export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com" cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql> sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql if then cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx working but not sending mail

Hi All, I have a unix server on which mailx is configured . Earlier i was getting proper mails but now some mails are getting stuck and i am not receiving the emails from the server. I can see the mails in mailq. Can you please help me with this . How can i receive these emails? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)